LMAOgirl

LMAOgirl
>“Batgirl,” the feature film adaptation of the DC Comics character, has been killed at Warner Bros., Variety has confirmed. It will not premiere on any platform at the studio — neither theatrically nor on HBO Max.

>The $90 million production — starring Leslie Grace as Barbara Gordon (aka Batgirl) and directed by “Bad Boys for Life” and “Ms. Marvel” filmmakers Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah — was greenlit in 2021 as part of a company-wide effort at Warner Bros. to create feature films specifically for HBO Max. But the new corporate regime at Warner Bros. Discovery has pivoted the company’s priorities back to theatrical features, leaving “Batgirl” without a proper home.
>Studio insiders insist the decision was not driven by the quality of the film or the commitment of the filmmakers, but by the desire for the studio’s slate of DC features to be at a blockbuster scale. “Batgirl” was budgeted to screen in homes on HBO MAX, and not for a major global release in theaters. The budget for the project, which finished principle photography earlier this year, reached $90 million due in part to COVID-related delays and protocols.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 4.21.38 PM.png (1170x1276, 1.18M)

LOL

>The decision still comes as a shock, as studios almost never shelve productions outright, preferring to get at least some return on its investment. It also comes as Warner Bros. is still contending with what to do with “The Flash,” a DC adaptation created — and budgeted — specifically for theatrical release that has been utterly hamstrung by repeated allegations of abuse and misconduct by its star, Ezra Miller.
>And it’s also not like “Batgirl” was a small movie. Along with Grace, J.K. Simmons plays Barbara’s father, Commissioner Jim Gordon, and Michael Keaton reprises his role as Batman (as he also does in “The Flash”). Brendan Fraser plays the villain, Firefly, and Grace told Variety in April that she had preliminary discussions with El Arbi and Fallah about what a sequel “could be.”
>“There’s crazy stunts, crazy drops,” Grace said of the film. “She’s a biker chick, so you’re going to see her do a bunch of badassery."

hopefully this is a sign of a complete DC live action overhaul coming soon

Who likes Barbara anyways? She was only sexy in the DCAU.

>streaming movie
>so good it gets bumped up to a theatrical release
>gets completely shelved
How does this even happen? Surely it would just become a streaming movie like originally planned. Realistically how much money would they save by shelving it instead of just dumping it on streaming?

hopefully Flash goes with it

also really hoping that Blue Beetle doesn't have many ties to the post-flashpoint DC that now doesn't exist

wb said "fuck your sunken cost fallacy, we'll do it live"

Attached: 80EA917C-F8E0-4CE7-9111-146027D3DCDE.jpg (1343x1364, 481.62K)

>How does this even happen?
another company buys the studio and fires the incompetent people who used to be in charge

Complete reboot from the ground up. New actors, new tone. Preferably using the Batman as a launchpad. Like they should have done with the Nolan Trilogy.

Obviously it wasn’t near finished and went way over budget.

>negress batgirl
And people on Any Forums wonder why the rippaverse has the following it does.

Attached: YAIRA-PACK.jpg (1200x1200, 1.13M)

Good. Wipe out everything and start anew. And don’t start with origins for gods sake.

ONE HUNDRED MILLION
NOTHING
WASTED

Not even an HBO Max release?!
That seems insane. Like, regardless of quality, it seems like a waste to make a movie and not release it.

Based Ezra. His degeneracy lead to a better DCEU, reminder they were planning to make the main JL Batgirl, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam.

But now
>Affleck recording new scenes for Aquaman 2 to erase Keaton's presense in the film
>Batgirl movie cancelled, also with Keaton
>No updates on Flash whatsoever
We won.

Attached: Reverse-Flash.png (1920x1080, 768.28K)

I think it has to do with the DCEU universe and continuity.

The plan was to have Superman erased and replaced with Supergirl and Keaton Batman to train Batgirl.

It sounds to me that WBD is having cold feet.

Imagine wasting so much money.

What a bunch of baffoons.

God, I love cinema.

Yeah, it sounds to me they found out Keaton is the main DCEU Batman and aborted.

>It sounds to me that WBD is having cold feet.
seeing the box office for every DC movie since Aquaman I can't say I blame them

>spend 90 Million Dollars on a movie
>don’t release it
How can WB be so incompetent?

>It sounds to me that WBD is having cold feet.
More like they saw this was a totally stupid idea upon the merger and noped out like any sensible business people.

>Affleck recording new scenes for Aquaman 2 to erase Keaton's presense in the film
He was supposed to be in it?

they really need to scrap everything completely, and completely re-edit the Flash movie and film completely new scenes so that they can edit Ezra's suit to be Yellow and slide him into scenes with people reacting to his dialogue as the Reverse Flash

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 9.59.55 PM.png (1188x804, 1006.08K)

He was supposed the new permanent batman after Flash rebooted the universe in his Flashpoint movie

Even the 50 Million budget Mortal Kombat movie got a theatrical and streaming release.

How can they can just cancel a movie they already spent 90 million dollars on? This is just a waste of money. Even if the movie is or isn’t bad, they should save some loss and put it on streaming.

thank god

The Brendaissance will NOT be televised

Attached: 3e9.png (500x533, 530.82K)

>dceu looking to get scrapped for something with more potential
>bc spreading the rumor that Morrison may be back at the helm of DC soon
maybe there is hope for WB/DC after all,,,,,

at least we'll still get a couple more seasons of Doom Patrol

Attached: Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 5.13.48 PM.png (1450x636, 1.52M)

>anons in the other thread saying the story was bullshit
fucking kek

They're either going to cancel the Flash or alter the ending so it doesn't reboot the universe.

They are bringing the focus back to theatrical blockbusters and not HBO Max.

Alan Horn who was in charge of WB's and Disney's most prosperous years is now in charge of WB/Discovery's film slate. Big shit will be announced Thursday.