How do we went from this

How do we went from this....

Attached: Disney Afternoon.jpg (800x450, 96.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

whatsondisneyplus.com/disney-announce-new-animated-series-cookies-milk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TO THIS?!!

Attached: Disney Channel 2020s.png (1437x1440, 3.36M)

The Disney Afternoon was never good and ruined animation

who's the nigga on the bottom

Besides the bastard of Kyle A Carroza who even liked The Shnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show?

In 96 It was shit. But whatever Zoom Zoom.

Cookies & Milk an upcoming book adaptation from the Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur duo... basically Hey Arnold! for black people

>The “Cookies & Milk” teleplay follows the summer adventures of harmonica-playing middle schooler Ellis Johnson as he begrudgingly helps his wildly optimistic and quite possibly magical father open the world’s first cookie shop in 1970s Hollywood, California.

>whatsondisneyplus.com/disney-announce-new-animated-series-cookies-milk/

Stop watching only kids cartoons

But OP's pic were kids cartoons
It's not an excuse for them to be trash now

>The Disney Afternoon was never good and ruined animation
Really, zoomer? Hahahaah...

Attached: Tom Cruise-Hahahahaha.jpg (800x450, 60.54K)

Only Marvel and Star Wars can be serious

This is what happens when you are autistic about "representation" being your #1 priority and you can't have fun with mere animal cartoon characters

This. OP's a faggot who needs to move on instead of watching kids' shows all fucking day.

Adult cartoons ain't in a much better place now either, especially now that American comedy is basically dead.

>he says that in a board full of manchildren shilling said shows

I'll be honest, but I think Big City Greens and The Ghost and Molly McGee are pretty solid, even though I don't like the style and animation in those shows, the comedy in those cartoons is good and the kids quite like watching. Only the fandoms of both series are too toxic. The rest is not watchable, and I noticed that mostly girls are the main characters in those series.

All in all, Disney Afternoon was for everyone, and had its pros and cons, but it was made in a time when there wasn't as much censorship or interference from Disney management as is the case today. However, after Darkwing Duck, Disney Afternoon experienced a decline, as other channels got a big lead such as Fox Kids and other cartoons from Nickelodeon, Warner Bros and Cartoon Network (then still Hanna-Barbera Cartoons). Only Gargoyles managed to repair that reputation and it is probably the only animated Disney series that had a lot of dark moments and was mainly focused on adult characters, not children. Yes, I have to admit I love Disney Afternoon and I love almost all the cartoons I've seen there, except for The Shnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show, that's the only thing I don't like.

However, even though Disney Afternoon ended after 1996, it doesn't mean that Disney didn't have great animated series after that. But until 2004, when after that the decline starts and sudden promotion of sitcoms instead of cartoons and then Disney didn't have any more quality cartoons except for some exceptions like Phineas & Ferb. With Gravity Falls, Disney TV animation has improved, but the animation and styles themselves haven't, mostly because it's too expensive, they claim.

Also, neoliberal politics has crept into Disney, so they promote their values and it is mainly intended for children, while for adults something else, although adults watch and comment more on social networks than children.

And just to wrap this up. Yes, there are exceptions today, but Disney has buried too much of the good stuff, rather than actually giving it to us. And yes, as far as adult cartoon series, which Disney bought from Fox, they are not at all interesting as they were 20 years ago.

>But until 2004, when after that the decline starts and sudden promotion of sitcoms instead of cartoons and then Disney didn't have any more quality cartoons except for some exceptions like Phineas & Ferb.
That would actually be 2007 rather than 2004.

" representation" over substance and quality. In both media and who you hire.

Gargoyles was really the only serious show in the DA era though.

Before Darkwing Duck, the animation was more colorful. For Darkwing, they used darker colors and figured that maybe they could do animated series like that to sabe money.

Guess that is from where the decline came.

>90% of these are Ducktales clones
Not that it was any better back then.

>Only Marvel and Star Wars can be serious

Attached: bugs bunny.jpg (228x221, 6.17K)

But It was.

Kids cartoons were trash then too.

>Not that it was any better back then
Back then, ducks were popular to have their own series, as were dogs, cats, rabbits, bears and turtles. Such was the trend during the 1980s and 1990s. Besides, better ducks than mice.

Because you grew up with them, right?

Disney appeals the most to fat Tumblr women. Those cartoons shown created a generation of degenerates whose entire personality is copyrighted.

And one of them is Ren and Stimpy clone. OP is a retard if he thinks that was a good era.

The bottom pic has a funny animal character though.

The ironic part is that some of those recent shows were made by industry vets from the 90s.

Then they understand how the business works. You go along with whatever bullshit they tell you to because if you say no they will fire and blacklist your ass.

I love the thinly veiled disdain Goliath has.

What is the crime Zoom Zoom?

Timon and Pumbaa was also heavily Spumco inspired, especially the human designs.

I feel that people forgot what Disney was like a mere two decades ago.

Attached: 2AB87990-D963-4D56-9F14-BF719AE1BF9C.jpg (540x405, 90.67K)

I agree with you, but I meant 2004 because that's when the quality of animation declined, although there were some really great cartoons, especially Dave the Barbarian until 2007.

>1/10 (maybe 2 since one isn't shown yet) have animal characters as leads