Admit it

It's fun, and dunks on capeshitters.

Attached: the boys.jpg (1200x1800, 295.25K)

>muh trenchoat OCs beat up yor stupid superheroes. Millitary is so cool btw

is it overly edgy? yes. is it a fun antithesis to the superhero genre? also yes.

Yep, it is fun and dunks on capeshit.
That doesn't make it a well made comic, but it is fun and dunks on capeshit.

>I LOVE MARGARET THATCHER AND THE CIA!

love the boys or hate it, you have to admit the parody covers are fun as fuck

Attached: the boys dark knight returns parody.jpg (600x900, 45.36K)

>Comic about how capeshit is lame and gay
>To defeat capeshitters, instead of using their intelligence and outsmarting them, they just turn into capeshitters themselves
>Despite it being one long rant about how capeshit is trash, the comic itself is just typical capeshit but edgier
It's comically retarded.

Attached: bruh.jpg (1280x720, 49.28K)

I like it a lot too. I thought it would benefit from an adaptation though something that worked out the pacing issues and let the story breathe. But I guess that was never on the cards.

>admit its fun
yeah ive read it like 4 times and my mother buys me those books every bithday ive got 4 so far
i read it twice before i even knew the show was a thing and im jsut glad they kept the actual comic intact despite that awulf PRIME sticker
my 3rd invinicible omnibous has it aswell and you cant peel it off

The problem with people reading this now is they binge read it instead of treating it like a once a month bite-size joke.

you clearly have not read the comic. they are nowhere near as strong as the big league supes, so 99% of their work is done via blackmail, threat, etc.

I've never liked ennis. I've never read this either. Ennis seems like the kind of guy that read Cormac McCarthy once and said, "yeah, I can do that", but lacks the skill or nuance to pull it off.

The first season of the show was good imo. They sped up the pace, focused in on the Seven as the antagonists, and cut the worst bits like the drawn-out Hughie/Annie relationship. If they'd kept it going at that pace while trying to stay largely faithful to the overall story, it would've been good
But instead they dragged it out and changed major elements of the plot and characters while failing to develop either in any meaningful way since the end of S1. Plus the worst part is that a lot of its become the type of capeshit fights and drama that the comics were explicitly mocking

99% of the supes they kill are killed with their bare hands. What the fuck are you on about? Did you even read the whole run?

This, pretty much.

did i ever claim otherwise? if you'd read it, you'd know that most of their WORK, not their killing, was done via blackmail. the whole reason the seven don't just kill them is that they have so much dirt on them that they could release.

It really doesn't change the fact that whenever there is a fight scene there is zero tension cause Ennis would never ever make is hypocritical Mary Sue's actually struggle with anything.

Marshal Law was funnier, had better art, took the concept much further (far more self aware and self critical) and more importantly wasn't written like a gigantic bloated soap.
Only read The Boys if you can't get enough of that dog shit early digital colorization.

The analogy makes more sense in Marshal Law too. Heroes being the result of pro-war sentiment actually has some basis in reality, with many iconic heroes being used in wartime propaganda.
In The Boys it's all anti-corp and anti-pharma which doesn't really connect with super heroes in a meta way, it's just two things Ennis hates put into one camp for convenience. Probably because Ennis is afraid to make an anti-military message that would actually connect the two.

>you clearly have not read the comic

You clearly are coping hard

Shit story but a lot of fun to read anyway because sometimes honestly fuck supes