Stan Lee came out with a kind of formula, where he would give a personal problem to his characters...

>Stan Lee came out with a kind of formula, where he would give a personal problem to his characters. To his bad guys and good guys. So they were now a good guy, but had problem finding a girlfriend. Or they were a good guy but had a bad leg, which, apparently, having a bad leg is considered a "character trait" in that kind of comic book. So this is a two dimensional character. There's nothing really to them. They don't resemble human beings. If you want a three-dimensional character, you need to take that further.

Attached: 1657473060173 (1).jpg (739x415, 27.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/image/4f8QPtGWL0ww8WdUlu-VwA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>desuarchive.org/co/search/image/4f8QPtGWL0ww8WdUlu-VwA/
THE SAME EXACT FUCKING THREAD OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

imagine taking a comic book writer seriously
lol
i would rather listen to a ya writer than this manchild loser

What kind of personal problem did Hank Pym have?
Tony Stark?
Steve Rogers?
Doctor Strange?
Matt Murdock?

People like to act like the Kirby/Ditko titles were the only Silver Age titles to exist and pretend like the rest didn't exist and weren't clearly uninspired and constantly struggling to come up with something for their leads.

And yes, I know Strange is a Ditko creation, doesn't change the fact that he didn't have any personal problems, his stories were just about him going on wacky adventures.

What gives a YA writer more credibility? The fact that instead of manchildren, they write for womanchildren?

>DUDE SUPERHEROS ARE DUMB BECAUSE UM...THEY ARE JUST DUMB OK AND THAT MAKES ME SMART FOR SAYING THEY ARE DUMB
>THERE ARE LITTERALLY NO PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS TO SUPERPOWERS IF YOU THINK SO YOU ARE A BIG DUMB IDTIOT
>Superspeed? Don't make me laugh what job could you get with superspeed? It's completely useless
I like his work but when you hear him babbling on about comics like a pseud it's just embarrassing.

He never said anything about practicality.

Any Forums really should read more books.
A comic is like a vacation from books

they at least write entire books instead of just dialogue while their servants fill in the rest with drawings

Golden Age Heroes = 1 dimensional
Silver Age Heroes = 2 dimensional
Manga = 3 dimensional

Have you seen an actual comic book script in your life? What you're describing is just Lee's old, outdated method.

Tony stark was alcoholic

>What kind of personal problem did Hank Pym have?
Slut wife.

>Tony Stark?
Booze.

>Steve Rogers?
No wife.

>Doctor Strange?
Crackhead.

>Matt Murdock?
Blind.

Are you really this much of a fucking casual that you don't know that he wasn't an alcoholic until decades after Lee?
>Slut wife.
They weren't even married under Lee.
>Booze.
See above.
>No wife.
Now to be fair I don't remember much of Lee/Kirby's Cap, but was it ever really a theme in the book at the time?
>Crackhead.
Haha yes I love memes too. And Aquaman is le lamest superhero XD
>Blind.
Yeah, I guess that one tracks with Moore's assessment.

no but i have read like 75% of all comics this board considers "high brow" and not a single one was more intellectually stimulating than harry fucking potter

Such as?

at least in most modern formulations Roger's problem is that he is outside his time in a culture he doesn't really connect with or understand, but I don't think that was very true of the early versions

In that same talk he does

>just dialogue
user, this is Alan Moore. The script for the first panel of the Killing Joke is over a thousand words long. It ends
>No dialogue

>Haha yes I love memes too.
Pretty sure Dr. Strange's hands were damaged.

"My alter-ego has a shitty life and anxiety problems. I should stop being him and be awesome at everything all the time. I also need a black hobo pyromaniac as a best friend!"

Attached: Miracleman.jpg (255x391, 25.01K)

How many of Moore's own created characters can be considered three dimensional? Almost everyone of any note he wrote was created by others or a pastiche of characters created by others, so he had decades of previous characterization to build up from.
Characters like Tom Strong and Promethea were fun but not really any more complicated or deeper than the average pulp or early comics characters they took from. Everyone in his HP Lovecraft inspired comics was one note, even if you could say the same from Lovecraft's own casts since what mattered in his stories was the mood and the twists.

Don't forget the teenaged edgy Self-insert stories.