I miss when villains didn’t need to be complex. Just give me an intimidating unrelenting evil force

I miss when villains didn’t need to be complex. Just give me an intimidating unrelenting evil force

Attached: C6F02A07-5EF3-44A5-B485-DDAAF9BAE1B8.jpg (1078x580, 218.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-KOH2Ocy778
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>nowhere king

>complaining about the cyclical nature of trends
what is old will be new, and what is new is old
it was not too long ago when people were complaining that all villains were one-dimensional, interchangeable, generic bad guys who only existed to set up a third act battle

just accept you are a hipster who hates anything popular and will just as quickly turn on simplistic doomsday baddies in 10 years

>villain realizes they exist in a fundamentally imperfect fallen universe and their goal is to consume everything to make it decay away into nothingness to achieve a state of absolute perfection

Attached: TheDawnIsYourEnemy_1600x1200.jpg (1600x1200, 562.04K)

>Nowhere King

Attached: 6328f8487b9d9fd29a7fc9315daa3659.jpg (544x422, 35.86K)

>Just give me an intimidating unrelenting evil force
Those happen all the time, you just don’t notice because 90% of them are super forgettable

>Villain literally becomes a shitting in his pants manbaby
Is the Adventure Time fandom the definition of sunk cost fallacy?

Attached: Baseball Steven.jpg (358x575, 47.2K)

>he doesn't want his villains to be complex with well written motivations and an intimidating aura to back up the writing
youtube.com/watch?v=-KOH2Ocy778

Attached: giz6u6lwcco71.gif (640x360, 2.17M)

can't get corrupted if nothing exists

Attached: unlimited_power.gif (250x167, 1.21M)

the corruption *is* what exists

>Villain with a motivation which he uses to justify their actions

>Evil, intimidating villain with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Find a man who can do both.

Attached: I'll do anything to save humanity from evil..jpg (700x358, 58.68K)

Marvel has ruined your brain. Tragic villains had been a thing since the 50s in movies, and even before in literature. The problem comes when retards like you prefer cartoonish trash characters instead of real complex stories. A villain having a tragic past doesn't make him less of a villain. Villains being tragic or morally grey characters have given us one of the best stories in the world. If we followed your ideas, we would be stuck in a forever cycle of mediocrity of shit stories about villain that have no purpose or complexity. And no, a villain being evil because he likes to is not interesting. Or complex
>I-it doesn't have to be!
Yes it does. Stories need to be well written. Complexity is what makes a character iconic. You want simplicity and lazy storytelling because it reminds you of a simple time. You want a villain that says nothing and has no purpose beyond being a plot point. You want an MCU villain. Why do you think Live Action Joker are considered some of the best villains of all time? Because they took a childlish concept and gave it a spin, and that's why everyone remembers him, while all you have is your comics and crying people don't take them seriously. And they shouldn't. They are not good entertainment. They are good ideas with lazy and pathetic executions. They are not the kind of good entertainment for children that has a meaning. The best you can do is take their concept and do something of value.

Now post any other villain from that show. Instantly what OP wanted

Who gives a fuck if the majority don't like something?

Too bad he was written as a complete idiot and jobbed every time he was on screen

Attached: 6B78ABD7-59A0-402C-AD8E-3D1CCE2406FE.jpg (712x856, 286.87K)

Based effortpost

>Diamonds are pussies who spend most of their time just glaring at Steven and Connie except MAYBE until the very end and White
>main antagonist is Steven's trauma and incapability to rely on others

I like Ice King and Doofenschmirtz where they have backstory, but they're just doing some cartoonish shenanigans during the the course of the show that's not serious at all.

What you miss is your fault. At a certain point you need to take responsibility for your own ignorance. Or just misconstrue it for the ignorance of others. I assure you, villains still exist. In every form.

Attached: 1650106245996.jpg (1232x1600, 436.96K)

>Lich is so weak he gets trapped in tree resin for several years
ATbros need to learn to pick their battles. I think even Star vs villains have more respectability than Adventure Time’s
Wasnt GOLB literally hard countered by singing?

>responding to retardation with retardation
Any Forums is a long sequence of pots calling kettles black

>biggest bad in Transformers destroyed the universe after his creation for no reason and then went to sleep

Attached: 2232B129-7B83-4C8E-824C-F43FB8BE0C9D.jpg (900x676, 171.34K)