I hate this version of patrick so much

I hate this version of patrick so much

Attached: 20220728_183716.png (640x480, 271.6K)

spongebob is one of the worst things to happen to western animation, in retrospect yes, the first seasons were good, but if I could I would erase it from history.

does this count as flanderization or just infantilization

That Patrick isn't even used anymore, they fixed all the character personalities after Paul Tibbitt left.

The first three seasons of SB made it hard for future Nicktoons to live up to that level.
Even nu-SpongeBob can’t even live up to its early years.

Something else would just take its place.
There is no escape.

reminder that the musical had the best, most grounded portrayal of patrick in the last 15 years of spongebob media

Attached: 450[1].jpg (360x450, 58.04K)

>they fixed all the character personalities
No, no they didn't. Somehow Patrick is even dumber than in the Paul Tibbit era. The exaggerated animation doesn't help either, and just enhances how much his character has devolved.

Attached: MV5BNmQwMjk5ZmEtNzJjNi00ZDFjLTk2ZTctMWZkNDUxMDI4ZDY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM2MTI5MTIy._V1_.jpg (1920x1080, 290.55K)

Ugh me too. As soon as you see the baby tooth or spongebob cheeks the channel is getting changed.

It literally went from the best television cartoon ever made to arguably one of the worst television cartoons ever made.

Attached: Kk.jpg (250x183, 10.64K)

still better then Steven Universe and most modern cartoons like Owl House

>big round chin patrick
>baby tooth patrick
I hate both.

I love him so much. The costume design was absolutely inspired work.

Attached: Danny_Skinner.gif (480x227, 1.52M)

If you mean "better" in the sense of not pushing evil gay propaganda on children? Perhaps. But even despite that they are still far more watchable than season 6/7 of Spongebob.

Yeah, he's much more of jackass in the recent seasons.

imagine getting so buttmad that two girls kissed that you would unironically defend nu-spongebob

Even with all the propaganda, they are still better.

Understandable (The Musical wasn't for kids)

Attached: squidtacular.jpg (691x619, 166.5K)

What I love most about season 2/3 were the jokes being more clever than they had any right to be for a kid's show. Whatever happened to those kinds of writers?

HI, I'M PATRICK STAR, AND I LIVE WITH MY PARENTS

Moved to work on Billy and Mandy, Camp Lazlo and Phineas and Ferb

I hate SU with all my heart, and even then I'd rather put up with it than post-movie SB

They really got down the “dim witted but easy going beach bum” look to him

>Camp Lazlo
Seriously? I don't remember anything particularly witty or entertaining about it at all