Dynamite Entertainment

Outside of discussions about The Boys or the occasional Red Sonja thread, I rarely see Dynamite comics talked about here. I'm just curious as to what Any Forums thinks of the company's library, any recommendations you might have for someone who wants to get into their books.

Attached: Dynamite-comptiles.jpg (800x930, 1.19M)

Dynamite's a mess. The way they treat a lot of their books is like how Captain Marvel had a dozen relaunches in 10 years.

>Warlord or Mars: Dejah Thoris
Its a really comfy and fun book so I would recommend that book if you like John Carter world in general

That's one of my biggest gripes with them. Like, if I wanted to read Red Sonja, is the new ongoing part of the last series? A reboot? What's going on? They're very unfriendly to potential new readers by not telling you what the fuck is going on.

I guess this board really doesn't stray too far from the Big Two, do they?

Or?

This board is a little too hard on Dynamite

They've done a good job with Ash/Army of Darkness.
All of Matt Wagner's pulp stuff is great.

They have a good library of books anchored by the as- expected good writers who take a lap in non big 2 work

I'm not sure what's the point of Dynamite after Ennis left it. His work like The Boys, Dan Dare, Battlefields, Just a Pilgrim and maybe Erf and Red Team are worth the look
Joe Casey & co's Captain Victory seems cool
Kurt Busiek's Kirby: Genesis and Darkman vs. The Army of Darkness?
Matt Wagner's various titles?
Rob Williams's Robocop?

>Matt Wagner's various titles?
Green Hornet, Zorro, The Shadow, all of them were great.
>Rob Williams's Robocop?
I liked the first series, but I never read the sequel mini (Road Trip)

Matt Wagner's Shadow is pretty good, his other stuff at Dynamite is decent
Uslan's Justice Inc and Green Hornet/Shadow is good
The Army of Darkness stuff is decent in spite of the problems that lead Bruce Campbell to not support it
Gillen's Peter Cannon Thunderbolt is worth a look if only to see Gillen attempt to write in Warren Ellis', Grant Morrison's, and Mark Millar's styles in the first three issues and then jump into an Eddie Campbell-inspired issue. It's not a good comic by any means but it was kind of a funny bit

Avoid the Dynamite's Terminator/Robocop crossover and avoid Chuck Wendig's Turok

itt: Nicky being a little bitch
pay your royalties fucko

Terminator/Robocop is hilarious. I like how Murphy awoke in the future, saw what a shithole it became, went back in time and decided everyone had to fucking die.

>The Army of Darkness stuff is decent in spite of the problems that lead Bruce Campbell to not support it
I know his major issue is that he doesn't get paid for his likeness being used, but he still has to give his approval for it after X amount of years. He knows deep down that the comics are keeping the franchise alive between their major productions, so he lets them off with a little leniency.

Just picked up The Lone Ranger this week. It's pretty good. I'll probably get the Green Hornet at some point, although I don't really know where to start.

Battlefields was great.

>Just picked up The Lone Ranger this week.
Which one?
>I'll probably get the Green Hornet at some point, although I don't really know where to start.
Kevin Smith's is surprisingly good, but Matt Wagner's "Green Hornet: Year One" and Mark Waid's run are top-tier.

NOOOOOOO WHERE ARE THE SUPERHEROES!?

Codename: Action
Kings Watch
Captain Victory and the Galaxy Rangers
Kirby: Genesis
Project Superpowers
Lord of the Jungle
Magnus, Robot Fighter
Magnus: Between Two Worlds
Pathfinder, Pathfinder Special, City of Secrets
Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt
Warlord of Mars
The classic reprints of Red Sonja and others

Peter Cannon is such a good series, I really loved every minute of it. Especially the last issue.

The omnibus vol 1 by Matthew's.