Gunnerkrigg Court

Bonus Page 85: Renard

Renard.
Chapter 86 starts on Friday! Please tune in at that time!

gunnerkrigg.com/

Attached: 00002655.jpg (600x849, 235.26K)

Prayin for a ReyAnnie endgame.

>expectations
>annie x rey

>reality
>annie x rey when he gets a human body

Praying for that to never ever happen.

>inside you there are 3 canines
>you are Antimony Carver

No way!
Annie isn't a necrophile.

we got dog skull when annie's mom got pregnant, right? Is annie finally going the same way? I hope her daughter isn't a slut this time

They are all sluts. It is their nature. Annie never stood a chance, she'll be lusting for the knot soon enough.

I vaguely remember something to that effect... What chapter was that?

Are you talking about the time Coyote appeared as a big skull in a black void in Annie's dream?
Don't remember what chapter that is, but it was Annie's dream, Surma and Annie's fire elemental has nothing to do with him.

I see...
Still, in such a comic as this one, I think dreams are to be rendered as meaningful, if ever slightly so.

It wasn't a dream, it was the actual Coyote, actively invading Annie's mind during a dream.
Because of that, it likely didn't have much of a metaphysical meaning.

Do you guys think the truth of the ocean is symbolically linked to other depictions of the ocean in gkc?
Kat gave the robots an ocean, which represented an expansion of their horizon.
The cruise ship represented a transition from one physical form to another, something that reflects what the court is aiming to do.
In the Paz bonus comic the ocean represented death, but also endless ambition, which also reflects the court's plans somewhat.
In the Coyote comic it represents enlightnment. When Coyote crossed the ocean he discovered all these things he thought he should be able to do.
The Annan Waters (which SHOULD be connected to the ocean, how does that even work when they're just that tiny little brook?) represented a divide between the court and forest, who each represent a range of concepts.
Water clearly seems to be more important to this comic, than we've been discussing. And that's just when there's bodies of water, of course.
Water also cleanses Zimmy, who is clearly deeply connected to the court's ether shenanigans and experiments.

There is a lot of symbolism but I wonder if they're finding out the water isn't 'natural' somehow. The early chapters had that power station that was siphoning ether energy out of the water and causing it to rain down on the surrounding area. Who knows how long that has been going on.

Attached: 00000454[1].jpg (600x849, 166.73K)

And we still have no clue what the purpose for this is. It seems purely for experimentation, but it's apparently a reactor, somehow.

Now that you list it all out like that, it does seem like a subtle theme.

If I have learned anything from this comic, it'll be nothing.

The beam from the power station is the same as the time they tried to steal Coyote's essence from Loup.

maybe their plan was to research how ethereal being are created by belief/lore and use the energy to reverse it.

What's funny is how Loup spoke of atomic structures and computers like they were products of belief too.

Attached: 00000455[1].jpg (600x849, 164.24K)

I wonder if any of this will ever come to a satisfying conclusion

The Court already dropped the whole ether thing as they left, so unless it's some crazy revelation, it's already unsatisfying.

Woah