Why is it acceptable for writers to make fun of people who don't read? I have noticed this elitism in a lot of works

Why is it acceptable for writers to make fun of people who don't read? I have noticed this elitism in a lot of works.

Attached: not much of a reader.png (1356x622, 1.16M)

Do brown women really?

I watch YouTube videos on books and pretend I read the whole thing

Do you at least attempt the book? Sometimes I'll read plot summaries after giving up on a book but it seems silly to not even give it a chance.

post four other examples

Well if you need proof this goes back a long time how about the famous john waters: “If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck 'em.”

>Why is it acceptable for writers to make fun of people who don't read
Well it's not like they're ever gonna see it.

No I do sometimes but YouTube videos help me filter through ones that I'd have no interest reading in depth

Yeah, white womon would be okay with doggo man not reading.

It's a comic book, those are famously books for the virtually illiterate.

>those are famously books for the virtually illiterate.
Would explain their sales figures.

It's justified elitism. READ NIGGA READ.

God I hate BKV’s “edgy, quirky” dialogue.

Yeah I dont know if its always been like this but it really stood out in the last 5 issues. Really developed an ego during downtime?

>i care about intelligence teehee
Who are they fooling?

Attached: 1355331549061.jpg (600x522, 24.17K)

My joke is that this is the one medium they're most likely to see it

Women who make "reading" a part of their identity - who carry around totebags and little pins that say "Fear Women Who Read", and so on - are some of the most retarded, utterly lacking in self awareness people you will ever meet.

I had an ex who was exactly like this, constantly talking about how much she "reads", how she loves the "smell of books" and can't use e-readers, and all she ever read was YA trash-lit. Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, things of that sort. She thought this made her a great sophisticate.

You're talking about booktube and booktubers and yeah its very cringe.

user has literally only one example and thinks this is somehow a trope in comics. You got triggered over something you made up, you fucking loser.

Why would a dog make her horny in the first place?