Has any decision in the MCU been as universally derided as changing Kamala's powers?

Has any decision in the MCU been as universally derided as changing Kamala's powers?

Even normies didn't like it. The fullest throated defense of it I've seen is "It's fine."

Attached: ms-marvel-promo-art-disney-plus-2_9qaq.jpg (472x266, 67.58K)

Yes, not letting us see Thanos' bussy.

It's Marvel's fault for changing them but people are just using it as an excuse to bash the show because it features a minority

I want to impregnate Kamala with my brown seed

Attached: 1657328002426.jpg (629x960, 230.45K)

You couldn't handle it

Attached: FYEFZlmWAAALACH.jpg (1080x625, 134.93K)

stretchy powers always look like shit in live action tho; it only works for characters who are meant to be creepy

No the people doing that are saying it feels like a tween show, when all Marvel shows are basically tween level shows.

this, even if the cgi is 'perfect' it doesn't work; bodies aren't supposed to stretch and grow so it always looks stupid in live action. the powers they gave her are fine.

So wtf are they gonna do for Mr. Fantastic? They gonna make him Lean Lantern too?

Nah they could change it with Ms Marvel because she's new, but Mr. Fantastic's always gonna stretch. It's just going to look bad like it always does.

She looked good in the Avengers game and that was MCU style.

Attached: 7e6253bbdc5e685844865440ee3dd18a.gif (480x360, 2.97M)

She was also based Inhuman

But that's not live action. It looks fine in fully CG environments, same with cartoons and the comics themselves, but watching a live action, human person start to stretch and grow always looks bad. Unlike most other super powers, there's no way to make it look realistic because it's physically impossible.
It's the same reason speedsters always look bad in live action, and why the slow-mo scene has become the norm for them. Watching a real person's arms and legs move that fast just looks silly in a way it doesn't in cartoons or CG.

Nobody liked her ORIGINAL goofy-ass powers. She's another Miles: nobody asked for her, nobody WANTS her, and they don't know what to do with her. They should give her the Good Boy (better character, btw) treatment and abruptly ditch her with no explanation given.

Mr. Fantastic at least has being a super genius to fall back on, so they can just have him stand around building gadgets and strategizing instead of fighting.

Did you see Doctor Strange 2? He was no genius.

I liked how the stretchy powers made per awkward. She was the small time non-glamorous hero.

Yeah, I know that version wasn't, I was speaking in general. And even then, 90% of his screen time in that film was talking strategy and schematics. And we got a much more clear view of his teleporter than we did his stretching.

Exactly, stuff like this was funny and cute. Giving her light constructs takes away a huge amount of the charm.

The dumbest part of that movie was sending the whole team to fight Scarlet Witch except for the only one that actually knew magic. What did they think was going to happen, she wouldn't be able to stop a stretchy man or a shield?

Maybe people could've swallowed that more easily if the show itself wasn't shit.

Fuck, forgot image.

Attached: ezgif-3-c46a5b20c5.jpg (980x1538, 409.28K)

They confirm in the end she is a mutant though and we see her actually stretch her body

As a fan if stretching I hate to admit you’re right. The only instance of it being used in live action and not looking like total shit was that movie Legion but it was meant to be gross and uncomfortable.
Probably a lot of forced perspective shots and blink and you’ll miss it applications just like the first 3 movies.

Attached: E6B1ACE6-7272-4000-9502-C1C1F9D97019.jpg (1080x1080, 127.84K)

This and Moon Kight had the same problem, they escalated far too quickly. Most of the season should have been slowly uncovering secrets and learning to control their powers, with the oher major characters only showing up in the finale.
The Djinn literally went from "We're family, we've been waiting a long time and need your help." to "This is taking too long, capture her" in the space of one episode, that sort of betrayal could have been teased out over a whole season if they knew what they were doing.

Nobody cares about this shit, most people didn't even watch the fucking show
like out of all the bastardizations that happen in every movie or show this is the one that has least amount fucks given
>oh noes she went from big hands to glowing big hands

Fuck the Djinn, they could've used any comic villain Kamala has. Would be 100% more memorable than those forgettable assholes. Fuck Damage Control as well for that matter.
It was 6 episodes of nothing interesting happening. The most interesting thing about this series was a Ten Rings easter egg.