Time for a mental exercise Any Forums...

Time for a mental exercise Any Forums, its 1993 and your job is to make Family Dog an interesting and successful competitor to The Simpsons without changing the premise too much. How do you do it?

Attached: Family Dog.png (315x315, 173.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/50995359
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2iHJEgwGNEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

family dog get ipad

Its 1993 stupid, ipads don't exist yet! Only large brick size cellphones.

Make the kids more interesting. Specifically make the son less of a hideous troll by giving him at least SOME appeal. Bart was charming and had enough charisma to quickly become the breakout star of The Simpsons and the face of the whole franchise during its early seasons.

Attached: Bartmania.jpg (700x1066, 160.36K)

The only thing I know about this show is the Pandora’s box comic

But the son was designed by Tim Burton himself! His weird troll doll look was supposed to be a selling point.

Cousin Debbie comes live with the family. Starts a will-they-wont-they romantic tension with the dog.

You literally can't. Brad took all the interesting bits and split them between The Simpsons and Rugrats (the pilot). You might as well try making Crash Canyon original.

I only saw the pilot from Amazing Stories. It was nice.
vimeo.com/50995359

They had to make the dog speak somehow.

Have the dog somehow go to a science lab/museum in the first episode, where a mad scientist has some sort of experimental DNA modifying lazer or something that will give whatever animal gets zapped human intelligence/speech/lifespan. The dog gets zapped, but it is quickly and very STRONGLY EMPHASIZED that if it was found out that the machine was successful and the dog could talk, he's have his brain dissected for science.

So the dog has to keep quiet and hide his ability to speak while he lives in suburban bliss, except young Billy somehow discovers in the first episode that the dog can talk, but nobody believes him (because he is a dumb bratty kid who always makes shit up and watches too many horror movies), so the brats' mission in the series (at least for the first season or two until it gets boring) is to expose his pet.
However, this subplot is almost always secondary to each episodes plot, which is about a dysfunctional family and their funny relatable problems/Simpson style escapades.

Sort of like an adult oriented Kid VS Kat or Cornell and Bernie. Except the dog isn't a socialite or an alien, he's just a shlubby/lazy/greedy average joe of a dog who loves his deeply flawed family despite how much trouble they cause him.

He makes the mom happy

This show had an snes game. I played it back on the day. It wasn't good. m.youtube.com/watch?v=2iHJEgwGNEQ

Cuter art style.

Sell it to the USA

>Stephen Spielberg and Tim Burton
>show flopped
How?

The premise was a complete misfire. The appeal of The Simpsons was that it was a struggling middle-class American household that anyone could relate to, typified by its abstract designs and yellow skin. When you make the series more realistic, it becomes boring at best and alienating at worst.

The writing for the show was extremely bad, I'm certain anyone who gave it a chance would have been turned off by its inconsistency.

TONS more fan service with the mom. I'm talkin' AT LEAST one moment in every episode. That'll do the trick.

Attached: 1524856054937.webm (640x480, 545.35K)

She was absurdly thicc, proto Pixar mom

the Binsfords were terrible owners for that dog. Proto-Griffins and the final scene of the series finale were them chewing out the poor thing for shit beyond its control

Brad Bird always knew his shit.

Attached: 1586653906926.jpg (1280x960, 180.05K)

I legitimately don't know anything about this show that doesn't involve /ss/ fan works but I would put the focus on the family more than the dog. Non-talking animal cartoons almost never wind up good.