Solar Opposites

I couldn't care less if the Pupa terraforms the planet or whatever. I just wanna see what harebrained schemes these two dorks get up to each episode. Even The Wall comes second to Terry and Korvo.

Attached: Solar.Opposites.S03E07.1080p.WEB.H264-CAKES.mkv_snapshot_02.20_[2022.07.21_08.43.39].png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sE6Ox3ikCMU
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope the last episode was a fakeout or ragebait to push for a S4.

Terry and Korvo not having random hijinx with nigh-magical sci-fi nonsense just doesn't work for me.

I'm expecting the whole family to get btfo when pupa starts up the scifi shit first

Terry kinda sucks
without Korvo he's nothing

Latest season felt like they were hedging their bets against not being renewed.

Deliberately showing fake-out endings to the Pupa and Wall storylines, just to get the catharsis out of the way so the actual cliffhangers sting less if it's cancelled.

Is this show any good? I've heard people say it's basically a replacement for old R&M

Korvo and Terry are great. I like the kids, too, when they get something to do. I think they give the wall too much attention, though. Felt like 1/3 of the latest season was wall stuff. Might not be accurate but that is what it felt like.

Middleditch is shit. But I love Terry.

Attached: Thomas_Middleditch_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (1986x2959, 2.49M)

i really love this show
can't wait to see more

Attached: 5ec76360.png (912x908, 1.01M)

I think you're just not a fan of the reference-heavy dialogue Solar Opposites likes to do, most of which coming from Terry's mouth. He's a fun character, though. His fascination with just about anything placed in front of him makes him very endearing and his actions wildly unexpected.

Attached: Solar.Opposites.S03E01.1080p.WEB.H264-CAKES.mkv_snapshot_07.25_[2022.07.21_11.43.52].png (1920x1080, 2.41M)

its just roiland's lol-random shock value shit without any of the (good) Harmon heart and format consistancy.

so. no.

It's like if Rick and Morty weren't full of terrible people who hate each other and never get along. It's a lot like American Dad to Family Guy. The first one to come out becomes a hate filled mean and no fun edge fest full of characters who over time just became Flanderized versions of themselves who are the worst version of themselves possible. And the newer one takes the experience of being funny but also keeps away from the overly edgy bullshit and keeps the characters more likable and keep the family dynamic as more than a set up. In other words, it's a lot like Rick and Morty but less mean and more fun with more fun characters.

I was JUST about to make this comparison. Solar Opposites has way more heart than Rick and Morty post-S3.

Attached: family dad.png (2400x1200, 2.07M)

The fuck are you talking about?
like says it's full of hateful shock violence where the punchline is, look at us torment this random bystander and really linger on it. One of the plot lines this seasons was literally if the aliens stop randomly mutilating and torturing people things get worse.

YOU SUCK

Attached: IMG_20220717_213005.jpg (1687x1080, 545.95K)

>(good)
>Harmon
Literally not a thing, Dan Harmon ruined rick and morty. Justin Roiland got the best writers from the first three seasons and went on to make the better sci-fi show.

I hope we get an actual sex scene with Korvo and Terry in season 4

>it's full of hateful shock violence where the punchline is, look at us torment this random bystander and really linger on it.

the series as a whole isn't nihilistic or mean spirited, that's what you're missing.

Bystanders get destroyed in Spongebob, but it's still more upbeat than Flapjack

Who gives a fuck about random bystanders, the show as a whole is more hopeful than rick and morty because it doesn't have the nihilistic "nothing matters" bullshit and instead the family genuinely loves each other.

youtube.com/watch?v=sE6Ox3ikCMU

Attached: football-fw22-x-speedportal-pre-launch-pdp-story-mh-filmposter-x-pplus-d_tcm221.jpg (1920x1920, 1.78M)

>Who gives a fuck about random bystanders
>it doesn't have the nihilistic "nothing matters" bullshit
>isn't nihilistic or mean spirited
I don't know what to say when you are talking about a show I would use to define those words. Rick and Morty might be worse, that doesn't stop this from being consistent with those qualities.

I'm still shocked that they went from "well, I don't know if they're fucking... they're an asexual species..." outside of the show, in interviews and sdcc and stuff, to confirming that they fuck like rabbits in season 3.

This. We're on Hulu for crying out loud. Quit fucking teasing.

Attached: Hot Roiland on Roiland Action.jpg (1079x1080, 232.25K)

I'm personally burnt out of the wall after Hulu land.

Maybe I'll blame Stranger things for being able to see "X person all along" twist a mile away.

Calling it. The wall people die from diabeetus moments after returning to normal.

Hulu land episode is a perfect example of being nihilistic and mean spirited with the wall story. We all knew from the start what was going on and how it was going to end, but somehow it's still 'subversion' at this point.
Nothing matters user.

Solar Opposites doesn't go into diatribes about the worthlessness of the universe or life, or insist that the universe is an irredeemable wasteland.
Things still "matter" in the Solar Opposites universe, the disregard for life you see comes from the detachment of the main cast because they're aliens.

Its not like the Smiths from American Dad are angels either. The point those anons were just like AD is far less hate filled than Family Guy, SO is less hate filled than RnM.
Its not a black and white ordeal, just "this is better"