Can these characters still work nowadays? If so, how would you re imagine them?

Can these characters still work nowadays? If so, how would you re imagine them?

Attached: 09526.jpg (1080x905, 136.65K)

Theoretically any of them could with the right creative team. Just remember what Mickey Mouse was before the Ruddish shorts. Mighty Mouse in the 80s already not only proved he could adapt to changing times, but kickstarted the deranged animation of the late 80s early 90s.

Cept Casper, fuck that dweeb.

Casper's about the only one that can't catch a break. He had an animated show after the live action movie, as well as a CG movie or two, but there's only so much you can do with a character whose gimmick is "he's nice."

Woody is the easiest to update. Kids still love hyperactive asshole spazs, just look at Teen Titans Go.
After him, Mighty Mouse. The comedy superhero subgenre is almost timeless.
The time of the others has mostly passed. Even Oswald has more potential than Felix, with Oswald you can at least play the father-husband role that is beyond most Mickey types.
2020s Betty Boop would just be some online entertainer type instead of a flapper and I find the thought of Influencer Betty Boop too cringe.

>Felix
Easily most potential if they are allowed to do things and has good writers, Twisted Tales is ultimate proof
>Betty
Ultimately she wasn't exactly an interesting character
>Woody
Might have the most potential and I don't think he's ever been used in a great thing. This character really just needs that one good revival
>Mighty Mouse
Only if like the 80s show but there's not much else to go with him from that
>Casper
Too bland to ever work
>Pink Panther
Love him but way too limiting of a character

They should put Betty in a more adult show, something for older audiences where some personality can come out.
Make Pink Panther a gay, homo, thieving slut!

>Felix
Surrealism has never been more embraced by the masses. Go for broke on that a la Twisted Tales and for the love of all that's holy, hire a passionate team that won't shit out a script before lunch break then call it a day, as has been the curse of this franchise for (Felix's 80's film) so (Baby Felix) long (Felix Saves Christmas).
>Betty Boop
A female protagonist already turns more heads than not nowadays and a lot of her shorts hold up surprisingly well, it's less that there's anything wrong with her formula and more that for some reason they haven't even tried. Also has surrealism in her favor.
>Woody Woodpecker
The States doesn't care much for the OG shorts already so even if you got new ones made in the style of the old there's no guarantee it'll build itself a big audience. The character is plenty popular in other countries though and good 'ole fashioned wacky antics never really go out of style. But again, a team with talent and a budget to back it up. Those new Flash shorts are not it.
>Mighty Mouse
Can a superhero parody work in this era infested with superheroes played straight and not? Yes but good luck standing out.
>Casper
The original cartoons are diabetes incarnate but any competent team that dares aim higher could legit mine a compelling show from Casper considering his secundary cast. A reimagining that dares get darker could be great. Not 2Edgy4Me dark, genuinely presenting the eternally optimistic ghost with a world brought to shit and see how he handles it.
>Pink Panther
There's absolutely nothing the Panther needs to change. It's a perfect formula and the hundreds of millions of views his classic cartoons have on YT speak to that. You don't really -need- more Pink Panther but if you have to, stick to the likable, resourceful mute panther as he lives in a psychedelic world enhanced by top notch jazz soundtracks.

>The only way to save Pink Panther is to make him into Snagglepuss

I love how half of them are doing basically the same pose

I like to imagine that Gumball is the closest modern transfer of Felix the Cat. They aren't 1:1 by any means, but they share a similar youthful attitude and sense of surreal. Actually, Adventure Time might be an even better answer since it has a higher degree of freedom and drops the sitcom formula.

I would love to see Casper actively get his views challenged after seeing the world in the state it is. Of course as said it shouldn't be edgy, but could make for a compelling narrative under the right direction

They should fight to the death.

Attached: snagglepuss versus pink panther.jpg (900x535, 66.86K)

I like your ideas, user. The surrealism being continued in Felix and Boop could be great.
>Not 2Edgy4Me dark, genuinely presenting the eternally optimistic ghost with a world brought to shit and see how he handles it.
This especially. I don't know why but I always loved ghost characters if they're good, maybe from some subconscious mempry of Casper. Even when I was a kid I didn't believe in Evil ghosts, I was like "they're just people." Ghosts are great for storytelling because they can be from any time period you want and must have a backstory, which can be from whatever time period you want. Which is like immortal characters, but then you have the death aspect and how each ghost feels about it. It's a lot of fun in my opinion.

>The guy who created Casper also made the 50s Felix show
That explains a lot.

Attached: 1655747887601.jpg (320x240, 23.39K)

the panther's as limited as the imagination of his staff is. if anything his pictures proved you can turn lack of dialogue into a virtue

>but there's only so much you can do with a character whose gimmick is "he's nice."
Just do what Wander Over Yonder did, make him nice to the point where it's an active character flaw.

Fuck you, Betty's great.

betty boop get ipad
betty boop become vtuber

Casper Scare School was pretty good.

>and for the love of all that's holy, hire a passionate team that won't shit out a script before lunch break then call it a day, as has been the curse of this franchise for (Felix's 80's film) so (Baby Felix) long (Felix Saves Christmas).
I think all they need to do is keep Don Oriolo FAAAAARRRR AWAAAAAY from it.

Then they kiss