Dies in first issue of the original comics

>Dies in first issue of the original comics.
>Somehow is the "main" villain of the franchise in its entirety.

Attached: images.jpg (187x270, 16.67K)

Sorry for how small the pic is.

Joker died in his first appearance but he apparently got better.

Same with Green Goblin and Diamondback

Attached: giant.jpg (470x530, 39.39K)

Didn't Shredder only return as a bunch of worms in his shape or something?

Good villains are like Kenny, they don't stay down.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the development of the Fred Wolf show the writers just skimmed through the original comics and decided to put in whatever looked interesting regardless of how faithful it was or not IE evil cajun Leatherhead, Krang's appearance being obviously based on the Ultroms etc.

His return arc was probably the best TMNT comic ever (according to razorfist) and heavily inspired the first movie.

Regardless of whether the returned Shredder in later stories was the 'real' one or not, it still made him one of the only big recurring villains in the original comics at all, and the one any adaptation would naturally pick as the main villain, because all you have to do is just not kill him in your first story. Face it, if Eastman and Laird knew they'd created something that was going to last beyond a few issues, they probably wouldn't have killed him in #1 either.

>b-b-but Karai
She doesn't appear until late in the original comics, a time by which the cartoon had already been running for over five years. She was created too late to supplant Shredder.

>Same with Green Goblin
No, Green Goblin was around about ten years before they killed him. And now he's been back for longer than he was ever dead for.

Karai suffered the Marth effect when she appeared in TMNT Tournament Fighters. Many who didn't have access to the original comics, myself included thought she was a videogame OC,

David wise basically said he only read the first three issues an found he stories stupid and confusing

A memorable design can carry a villain pretty far.
Hell, I bet if you ask a random person there'd be a high chance that wouldn't know Jason Voorhees wore a fucking bag mask before he found his iconic hockey mask which is a big part of pop culture and one of the first things anyone thinks about when they hear about slashers.

Yep

>Many who didn't have access to the original comics, myself included thought she was a videogame OC,
The different versions of that game had different rosters, and I was vaguely aware some of the other characters were from the toys or the Archie comics, so I think I'd assumed she must have been from one of those, and was surprised to learn she was actually from the original comics, and that the other girl in the Super Nintendo version really was just an OC made up for the game.

Someone should remake that game with a much bigger roster of TMNT characters.

Attached: y'all got any more of them pixels.jpg (237x213, 9.9K)

Saying Shredder wasn't the main villain of the comic is a midwit meme. Real TMNT fans know that he absolutely was.

The comic crystalized around the worm Shredder. Shredder beating the shit out of Leo and throwing him through the window of April's pawn shop ended the first era of Mirage TMNT. They would be stuck on that goddamn farm through the entire stretch of the guest era, the image of Shredder beating the shit out of Leo hanging over them. When the TMNT returned to New York and Leo dueled Shredder, the comic hit is peak with City at War following the peak as the "we're older and aimless now" epilogue for the series.

Shredder was the main bad guy of the comic. Anyone that says different is a retard.

Aska was apparently supposed to be Mitsu from the third movie but got changed to an OC, which was definitely a better choice since Mitsu definitely does not strike me as someone who would wear thay kind of skimpy outfit.

It saddens me that Injustice is the closest we've gotten to a TMNT fighter.

what about tournament fighters

or JL vs TMNT, a fanmade game made by the FGC

I mean since Tournament Fighters.

And yeah, JL vs TMNT was fun, I loved how they put in Kirby, but it was ultimately just a fangame.

Well, arguably it has to do with toys. Shredder was one of the action figures in the initial wave, and so he had to be a major character in the first cartoon and the Archie comics version in order to market this toy.

A second explanation is that even though he dies in the first issue, he is resurrected fairly early on and is a bit of a looming threat afterwards. It's true that he doesn't show up that much but it is wrong to say he was only ever in the first issue.

A third reason in regards to adaptations is that he tends to be the villains in those, because the fact that he killed Hamato Yoshi and set the events into motion just makes him the easiest villain to use.

Attached: april drinking fight milk bra color.png (2100x2100, 479.67K)

A proper TMNT fighting game should have a selection of skins. 1987, 1990, 2003, 2012, Mirage, IDW, etc skins for every playable character. Injustice 2 dropped the skin system from the first game, sadly so we didn't get that.