Why was Korra such a jobber?

Why was Korra such a jobber?

Attached: 808E221B-2815-425B-85D9-0EFE93B2F052.jpg (750x403, 51.1K)

They wanted to avoid making her a Mary Sue, which is stupid, the lores already established, it's ok for the fucking avatar to kick ass, or since they hadn't properly planned out the seasons, they forgot to give her some cool wins.

Worf Syndrome.

It's funny to me people complaining about her being a mary sue when she constantly got beat and made things worse. I guess she does usually get an eleventh hour win but it's almost like they were very conscious of writing her as a mary sue so they swing in the opposite direction and made her suck shit in every opportunity then win when it really matters.

Water tribe was made to job

Woman.

Attached: 1649898264931.jpg (997x750, 99.29K)

Kyoshi?
Yangchen?

*sip*

Attached: 1603252115978.jpg (510x297, 22.72K)

It still baffles me that some random earthbender and dude that recently unlocked airbending gave Korra more troubles than a fucking Satan himself

Attached: url(25).png (1064x996, 947.88K)

They gave her a shitload of out of nowhere and asspull wins to compensate her very few losses.

Hey remember when she suddenly got airbending after having her bending removed completely and literally not having been able to do airbending period as of 3 minutes before it happened? That was neat.
Say, remember that time she touched a tree and suddenly became a kaiju even though she had explicitly lost the Avatar powers and NOBODY ELSE did it even though they were all there and apparently that giant glowing center is unrelated to the Avatar State? That was something.
Then there was the literal god from above coming down to hand her the W against a big dark kaiju just so she didn't have to work too hard at it, she'd had a big day.
Hey remember when they planned to make her go into the Avatar state to kill her but apparently weren't aware chains couldn't hold her? That was something.

Every time she loses one thing the universe apparently feels so bad it defies reality to fix it and make sure she wins no matter how little she actually puts towards it. This would be like if instead of a rock helping fix a broken chi point, Aang literally just started bending as strong as the Avatar State out of fucking nowhere. Who cares if you contradicted that the entire season, time to fucking win! Don't worry a ghost will fix you, or you yell at a ghost until you're fixed, either or!

She's actually kinda stupid.

>. I guess she does usually get an eleventh hour win
Yeah and it never makes any sense, so it makes her seem like even more of a Mary Sue because she never even earns it, the universe just breaks its own rules to hand herself a W. We spend an entire season showing why she can't use Airbending, then she just does when she shouldn't have any bending period. We spend a whole season talking about the connection between Avatar and the blue kite, and then she just gets a fucking giant form from a tree- oh and that entire thing is a massive plothole because the entire human population of the Avatar universe at that point lived on turtles and almost never came down but then either a bunch of monks did and then wrote it down and nothing else, or a bunch of monks meditated in the spirit realm where a massive angry ass evil kite was and nobody thought to mention said massive fucking evil kite. They were even in the room the damn Kite was being kept in!
Oh and then she gets poisoned but its okay she gets out and just does regular Avatar State stuff anyway, no need for tension!
And finally just beating the leader means a fucking army goes "Whelp, time to go home everyone!" Mid invasion, twice!

Maybe instead of some barebones losses in the middle like any protagonist goes through, ask how many times Luffy lost to Kaido in this one arc, they should focus more on not pulling out of nowhere a new powerup so she can win like Luffy against Kaido-waitshitfuck

>Zaheer is higher than Zuko
S-sure...

But he is.

Yeah. They should've thought about a season 3 earlier instead of making it an afterthought.

Zaheer was kind of a retard and was shitting the bed against Tenzin until Ming-Hua? Or whatever name that water tribe bitch had scoped him out of nowhere
Why's there not that bloodbender Aang had to beat or Boiling Rock Warden on that list btw? I mean, last one is jobber but a minor antagonist I guess and the first one didnt need a gay comet to fight the Avatar.

She’s a Mary Sue in that she gets everything handed to her but also a jobber at the same time which makes her insufferable

By that point, there was very little fight left in her.

>hey remember
>say remember

Yeah I’m not reading that.

Korra never actually wins any fights in this stupid show.
One of the worst cartoon protags ever.

It takes alot of work to explain why you're very stupid.

She lost the combined powers of all previous avatars and now gets her powers from a deflated kite

Attached: Wan_Korra_Raava.jpg (1536x2048, 1.55M)

I think they made her too strong and capable in concept so they keep having get her ass beat and humiliated and traumatized to compensate for a boring and overpowered character.

I was always bummed that the lieutenant got no development considering the sendoff he got.
If he lived he could have been primed to walk in and take over the equalizers but the showrunners were done with the idea so no one was allowed to think about it anymore

*yawn*