Weird

So, this has always been kinda strange to me when witnessing it in cartoons but, why would intelligent animals that can clearly communicate with humans willingly give themselves to humans for ownership when they could be so much more than a pet? Why continue to submit to a human?

Attached: 2DB73BBD-3E8A-43EC-9551-9AADBD27EDE8.jpg (648x676, 151.34K)

If you could live with a human as a freeloading asshole where they feed you and take care of your every need, wouldn't you?

To be fair, I wouldn’t take care of a small freeloading furry bastard that’s smart enough to back talk me like an adult. If the furry fuck can act like we’re on the same level then he/she can work like we’re on the same level too.

True but OP's question was why the critters do it.

I think that response adds to the prompt. Even if we acknowledge the critters wanting to get a free ride by submitting to a human. Why would a human fully aware of the cognitive abilities of their pet just let what is basically a furry human, freeload? I think OP reall trying to question the dynamics of these kinds of relationships in cartoons. A character like Paddington for instance, clearly isn’t treated like a pet by the Browns in his world.

Because it's funny. It's an absurd nonsensical situation, it's funny.

It’s one of those things where the writers just want you to turn your brain off for it. Because when you think about it, none of it makes sense.

Peabody adopted a child

Give me 3 examples.

I have a uncomfortable truth for you. Anytime you are confused by ANYTHING at all in a cartoon, something feels a bit off, ask yourself one question.
"Are there people in this world who jerk off to this specific situation, or similar situations?"
If the answer is yes, you have your answer. If the answer is no, someone thought it was funny.

It’s goofy.

I think it depends on the show
>case A: the animal character is a regular, non-talking animal (or a toy) and all the wacky antics are in the kid character's head
>case B: while anthrpomorphic, the animal character might as well be just a human that's depicted as an animal simply for comedy's sake; bonus points if there are multiple animal characters, or society as a whole is depicted by human AND animal characters alike, where it is clear they're all humans and the animal aspect is to emphasize their personality or design
>case C: the animal character being an animal that just so happens to talk and do other human stuff is justified by the show's setting, lore or plot (experiment, magic pet food, alien that looks like an animal, etc.)
>case D: like case B, where the animal character is an animal for comedic purposes, but the setting is absurdist and far removed from the real world to the point questioning why a character is a talking animal should be the least of your concerns

They have submissive brains, user. You can tell by performing the appropriate phrenological tests. Its definitely not just poorly thought through world-building as some fringe dissenters would like you to believe.

Family Guy
Scooby Doo
Jhonny Test

Well, this is an interesting methodology.

99% of the time, living with a human family means free unlimited food and shelter, and usually also means they can still do whatever they want. At least the writers usually have the sense not to keep the talking dog on a leash in the back yard, or lock the wacky talking bird sidekick in a cage it can't open.
Still, OP smells like a furry.

Overthinking cartoons is a symptom of serious brain damage

Because they love us.

You're telling me you, as a human, wouldn't be willing to bend to the whims of something as biologically miraculous as a talking penguin or something if it wanted to live with you? Just having it alone would probably earn you money due to the spectacle of it, so it would be worth it's weight in gold.

>Just having it alone would probably earn you money due to the spectacle of it
This wouldn’t matter in the case where smart talking animals are common enough to not be seen as special. In that kind of setting you just have a whiny furry/feathered/scaled human that expects to be fed just for simply existing.

>t. talking penguin