How to handle older mutants like Wolvie,Magneto and Logan

in MCU

>make magneto frozen, dont change origin
>make xavier younger , he doesnt have to meet magneto so early
> logan is just loner, doesnt care for world

Attached: mutantsmcu.jpg (1280x720, 265.34K)

Just don't reinvent anything, without tokenism, without imposing LGBT if you put something minimal it will be a flop banned in several countries

You follow these simple rules:

1. This is not your story.
2. You're adapting something. Don't try to make it your own thing, its not and never will be.
3. Stay true to source material religiously. You're not and never will be competent enough as a writer to deviate from it.
4. Sex sells.
5. You go woke. You go broke. Seethe. Dilate. Etc.

That's it.

>That's it.
Then why does Any Forums hate the Watchmen film?

I don't know user. Maybe you just happened to interact with a Any Forums tourist? I think the Watchmen film was entertaining enough.

Just give them an origin similar to Ultimate X-Men, and Xavier and Logan are the two adult test-subjects who survive.

Just use other X-Men villains instead of Magneto, Fox overused him so much that nobody in the world needs to see him again already. Imagine if the Joker was in EVERY Batman movie.

>Logan

Is dead. His entire schtick was being a dude who'd been alive for nearly 200 years wondering the world and fighting in wars

They're going with Mr Sinister by the looks of things

If the Gus/Xavier and Hangman Cyclops rumors are true then I imagine the only active mutants are Apocalypse, the X-men and the Brotherhood, and their powers activate via trauma or something, Wanda can say some bullshit of "No, more mutants" and then the regular mutants that get powers by puberty will appear

Unless they introduce a world similar to the one in MoM where mutants were always there, the suddenly development of mutants will mean no Traditional X-Men. This is actually a good thing because it means they can take a unique approach never done before

I mean with the MCU they've proven they'll utterly destroy the fucking actual characters for 'muh quips' and 'muh woke points'

They could make Wolverine a 21 year old sassy black obese cunt called 'jamaul' and it'll stll sell.
Adaptions of comics aren't ever going to be accurate when backed by the companies - they just want cash

Wanda won't have anything to do with it. My bet is it will be because of The Snap because it's already established that exposure to an infinity stone is what grows the potential that many humans already have but withers over time. Kamala' powers didn't awaken until she put on the bangle so every mutant will probably need a catalyst which opens up some nice possibilities

Magneto is easy in terms of making him be around for the Holocaust but not be some old ass 90 year old nearing death
>Slowed aging secondary mutation.

Older mutants and why mutants haven't been seen now
>Mutants make up a teeny tiny fraction of the population until The Snap. Like I'm talking just a handful of mutants around in the 20th century worldwide, just the old ones like Sinister and Destiny and Magneto and Wolverine and Sabretooth and Charles and Mystique and hell maybe thats it, maybe around 10 - 20 in the 21st century, the snap causes a big mutation boom. Enough to open the school.

Mutants are going to be a new thing, not an old thing no one knew about until now because there's no excuse past the first avengers for them to not show up.

I mean mystique is very easily explainable.

Problem is Magneto. Unlike wolverine which can stay off radar he is too egotastic and power hungry to not intervene if he was alive.

Xavier could be just a young character doesnt have to be related to magneto at all

>Problem is Magneto.
He's a problem they can sidestep by just not using him. Everyone's acting like it's unthinkable that he not be there.

You could even do Ultimate Magneto, where he's just some American guy pretending to have lost his family in a genocide as part of his recruitment speech but they're actually still alive and just disowned him for being a terrorist.

There's still no valid excuse. The US government knew about mutants for decades, there's no way Fury is gonna go "oh yeah, mutants are a thing"

2 and 3 are stupid, sometimes the source material isn't great and needs to be changed or updated. Especially three, some of the original writers weren't competent.

Civil War would've been a mess if they adapted it directly from the comics.

Magneto and Xavier have been dead for decades, were civil rights leaders in the 60s. Wolverine is still around but has kept to himself in Japan for decades.

It is when there was no X-Men around and the only mutants around were people not interested in helping and being off the radar. e.g. Mystique, Sinister, Magneto.

>>make magneto frozen, dont change origin
No, make him old, then use Mr Sinister to make him young again for the sequel

>>make xavier younger , he doesnt have to meet magneto so early
I agree with this one, give them some kind of teacher/student relationship

>>logan is just loner, doesnt care for world
I would give him amnesia, to the point of even forgetting his powers... also, put him in an asylum