Starts his run by making genosha unusable

>Starts his run by making genosha unusable
>ruins the most interesting development of the most interesting villain
>instead of Magneto The President, he is Magneto the silver age villain twirling his moustache
>Is responsible for muties being endangered species
Why morrison is hailed again? He's the worst writer in the existence, even worse than Bendis

Attached: NEWX-MEN 115 25.jpg (704x1084, 103.24K)

Agree

thank you, have a nice day

I remember reading Morrison's X-Manifesto that was posted here
Most dumbest shit I've ever read, for some reason they really loved wanking the X-Men movie

yes, morrison never loved marvel, he hated it, and you could argue that he was sabotaging marvel for dc

morrison is an overhyped bum who’s eternal excuse for shit big two books will always be “nooooo editorial wouldn’t let me be me”

his formulaic drivel is garbage.

Attached: 0C29EBB3-5928-420C-9EE1-59B409DF457B.gif (240x320, 200.72K)

funny thing is, he had no editorial oversight, which is why his books at marvel sucked. but then again, his animal man run is overrated, I liked the next writer better

Morrison is hailed because he "made the X-Men interesting again". What that boils down to is that X-Editorial at the time were panicing because no one was buying their attempts of rehasing 90s X-Men nostalgia.

Honestly, the things his run had was creating new aspects of X-Men mythos, like having the institute become a school (something Morrison was barely interested in doing), which other writers were actually able to make interesting. Which is a sad statement in of itself. Morrison is not liked for "making X-Men interesting". He's liked for actualy forcing editorial to try different styles of books.

Are these posts by the same person

The issue facing X-Men at the time wasn't rehashing 90s nostalgia, Morrison's run was only 10 years out from Jim Lee, it was that the X-line was spinning its wheels creatively, most of the recent plotlines hadn't drawn much interest or were so drawn out that readers stopped caring, and the thing had become deeply self-referential to the point of new readers being lost. And even then, X-Men wasn't doing that badly in terms of sales for the main books, Adjectiveless and Uncanny were still top ten books pushing 100k per month before Morrison took over. Morrison was actually X-Men editorial realizing they were in a rut and things would only get worse so they brought him on specifically to shake things up.

I don't know the validity of the story, but I once read that Marvel's corporate side were furious at editorial when the first X-Men film dropped. Marvel had gotten TV Guide to run a short tie-in to serve as an intro the X-Men, and the resulting story was impenetrable to anyone not already following X-Men comics, squandering a major, high-profile advertisement for comics to the general public. That in turn was a major factor in them curtailing all their on-going plotlines and bringing in new writers to have a jump-on point for readers.

>hat that boils down to is that X-Editorial at the time were panicing because no one was buying their attempts of rehasing 90s X-Men nostalgia.
false

>Magneto the silver age villain twirling his moustache
Good. Same goes for Waid and Doom.

Morrison just clarly never had the same love for Marvel and it's character that he had for DC

>Starts his run by making genosha unusable
True

>ruins the most interesting development of the most interesting villain
True, but they didn't really have anywhere else interesting they were going with it

>instead of Magneto The President, he is Magneto the silver age villain twirling his moustache.
True, he was very out of character at that point.

What? No. Despite Genosha, Morrison's time with X-Men is when Xavier's school "came out", when mutants were depicted as becoming a subculture, when there started being mutant neighborhoods, when there were mutant international corporations. The growth of mutants under Morrison was something editorial specifically wanted to undo, hence Bendis' House of M and the actual storyline that made them a literal endangered species.

You can't forget
>BRO
>WHAT IF MUTANTS WERE HATED BECAUSE............
>EVIL BACTERIA

just read it, god was that cringy
>let's make the x-men cool and edgy for the kids again

are you trying to say that it's impossible to hate morrison? I mean look at him, what a cute baldy

Wait, is Beast back to being hot cat Beast again?

*gasp*

Attached: FB5EB5F3-38F7-476F-B185-F7242C678178.jpg (1536x1844, 657.15K)

He turned mutant population into millions in the first place

Yet he made the best Batman and Superman stories of the last 30 years.

only to kill them. brilliant move grant'
thankfully district x managed to do something interesting, no thanks to you grant

because he loves DC and hates Marvel. What part of that you fail to understand. It's easy to make a good superman and batman story, and grant wasn't the only one to do that