Hiveswap Act 3 dev update

INEXPLICABLY, IT'S STILL NOT DEAD
imgur.com/a/ObiV9E3

Attached: hiveswap-act-3-concept-art.png (1319x751, 745.63K)

Serious Mode: what is Homestuck about?

kids and fun

Never really was into homestuck, or Hiveswap, always thought it was some lame fad from the late mid 2000s - 2010s

Hit videogames Undertale and Deltarune

The way I describe it is how modern Breatubers are

In the past, it was a geek filled refence pack, full of edgy and try hard Newgrounds-est humor, then SJWs somehow took a hold of it, and now it's just a Steven Universe wanna be for adults that will whine and criticized how "problematic" it is in 5 years

There's no way this shit can be profitable still; is it just made out of contractual obligation? Both Hiveswap and Psycholonials flopped, Hussie should stop trying to be a game dev (if he's even involved with Hiveswap anymore, which I don't think he is)

Comic where the world gets destroyed when a video game gets booted up, and four kids get sucked into the game with the goal of not saving the world, but reincarnating the universe and make it again.
It was a 10/10 comic for the first third. They introduce a shitton of new batches of characters over and over while leaving several plot points unresolved in the second third, and the third third is dumb juvenile gay teen drama shit that feels entirely different from the first parts that made it popular in the first place.

Probably explains why I haven't seen it in fucking years.

>now it's just a Steven Universe wanna be for adults that will whine and criticized how "problematic" it is in 5 years
That was maybe an accurate description if not for the fact that those '5 years' have already come and gone. There is barely even any fanbase for it whatsoever anymore outside of former fans liking it ironically.

Every so often we get some new leak or new announcement for the comic, and every time now it's always met with a shrug seemingly even being shared by Hussie himself. It's such a weird property that literally everyone involved wants dead, but keeps barrelling out of the grave looking uglier and more rotten each time.

It's about four friends who decide to play a video game they found with each other. With a straight face this video game allows each kid to control another kid's environment in a Sim-City sort of way but unleashes unleashes all manner of traditional video game elements to their world like monsters and stuff. The goal of the video game is for the players to enter a simulated world they build because the video game also happens to send a meteor towards the planet that's going to destroy everything and the only way to survive is to actually enter these digital worlds.

At some point the kids are contacted by another group of alien kids who activated the same game and whose home planet was also destroyed. They work together to undo the apocalypse they started and save their planets.

It kinda stops making sense after this point. It goes into so many layers of itself you cannot suspend your disbelief anymore.

>They work together to undo the apocalypse they started and save their planets.
they never actually do this, or attempt to do this, or even realise they should try to do this, because andrew hussie is a hack

I kind of feel bad for Hussie, he let the comic go to shit but I don't think he's a particularly bad person

So does any of this still even utilize MSpaint at all? Like really uses it?

Never did only the first page in his first adventure

Quietly hoping that the jannie that nukes all Homestuck threads is currently sleeping or something and won't be around for a while

Attached: John weed.png (251x254, 5.78K)

>but I don't think he's a particularly bad person
i do

At least Joey is cute.

Attached: Joey.Claire.full.2304714.png (1000x1007, 352.88K)

OP should've been smart enough to not explicitly put "Hiveswap" in the title and especially not use fucking troll character shit in the image. There's a whole quasi-stealth etiquette needed to get Homestuck threads to survive and he didn't follow it.

He abused his ex half cunt the vapid truth

the etiquette is that we get one thread per update, newfag

>thinking the janny has any actual rules or reason to his arbitrary hateboner other than not liking anything that looks too Homestuck-y on the surface
Also this isn't an actual update it's literally a leak that got taken down and only exists as a series of leaked screenshot.

>thinking the janny has any actual rules or reason to his arbitrary hateboner other than not liking anything that looks too Homestuck-y on the surface
newfag
clearly you weren't even here when hs2 was still updating

I've been in Any Forums Homestuck threads since 2014.
>hs2
Actually had "updates," whereas a leak vaguely confirming Hiveswap is still a thing and offering no other info isn't.

One of the greatest independant multimedia projects on the internet that got turned into complete fucking shit by the author giving up on it and letting a bunch of sjw cunts take the wheel and turn their fanfiction ideas into reality

A story of kids and fun that the author lost motivation to finish because 1. The plot got away from him
2. He had to go on a one year hiatus because he tried making a game but it didn't work with thr first studio
3. During this hiatus his dad died.
plus he was beholden to an ending he commissioned and needed to somehow get to that pre made ending

>whereas a leak vaguely confirming Hiveswap is still a thing and offering no other info isn
m8 it's a bunch of concept art and there was a trailer before they took it down (allegedly for reediting)