Why do people hate the idea of Sonic being taken seriously? People don't hate TMNT for it...

Why do people hate the idea of Sonic being taken seriously? People don't hate TMNT for it, but they hate Sonic for whatever reason.

Attached: 1631290175744(2).jpg (1783x1344, 487.15K)

Plenty of people hate serious TMNT.

The same reason why I use fertilizer on my lawn but wouldn't enjoy a big bowl of it for breakfast. Context matters.

?niaga sihT

Attached: 4738BFE8-1559-4709-B3F1-A4ED43BD22C1.png (1242x913, 1.87M)

I don't think people hate Sonic being taken seriously, they just hate nuSonic games like Shadow for being dogshit. Several dark storylines in the comics were well received, SATAM is generally the best-regarded of Sonic's shows, and pretty much the only thing anyone remembers about Sonic X is the Metarex business which was quite dark.

Attached: sshades.jpg (479x555, 43.89K)

Shadow the Hedgehog is not a comic or cartoon.

Attached: 1607993585876.jpg (400x236, 22.17K)

spbp

There's people that hate those too.

Improved

Attached: Welcome 2 :co:.png (400x236, 186.07K)

That's true for everything.

Spbp

>It's another Ronfag thread

Attached: 1649992531352.jpg (693x460, 72.66K)

>I don't think people hate Sonic being taken seriously, they just hate nuSonic games like Shadow for being dogshit.
/thread.

So why was 2k3 liked?

Ron fucking sucks

Because it's too ridiculous.
why is a franchise about a talking hedgehog who looks nothing like a hedgehog that fights a maniacal mechanist so gritty and edgy?

TMNT is based on Daredevil
Sonic is based on Felix the Cat

Which do you think is more conducive to a serious story?

I hate Sonic being serious in any way when it's blatantly clear that it will amount to NOTHING.

Having that green furry shit complain to Sonic about how he should kill villains but Sonic won't do it because we know Sega's rules and red tape will block it only leads to a sense of unsatisfaction and stagnation in advance because due to having this moment with Surge calling things out? You know how things will roll from this point onward. Especially when it comes to Sega characters like Eggman who is impossible to get rid of.

So again what is the point in thinking you can get witty or serious with the writing when you know Sega will STOP you? It makes serious Sonic seem like aimless meandering worthless shit because it can never pay off. And Flynn is an idiot for even trying to introduce this type of conflict using Surge. By now Flynn should know how Sega thinks, he has like ten years of experience working with Sega. So he's also to blame for the idiocy.

I don't know man, Tezuka created plenty of serious and dramatic manga stories yet his art style is very loony cartoony. Sonic comes from that, mascot toon like character doing dramtic things.

This. People who hate Sonic being serious are complete manchildren.

Read.
And read pic related

Attached: PhoenixTezuka.jpg (533x800, 211.72K)

Well for one, Sonic does it badly 90% of the time.