How long until Marvel fatigue happens?

How long until Marvel fatigue happens?

Attached: 5E4397D6-D75A-4BAD-94B8-4D8E8A0D1098.jpg (822x732, 213.48K)

Why not just make a good movie that doesn’t cost 250 million ?

If the second weekend drop off is as bad as Dr Strange MoM, right now.

>headline thread
These are worse than Twitter threads

It happened in 2016

Kek

>3rd biggest opening weekend of the Pandemic
>behind Spider-Man and Doctor Strange
>doing better than Ragnarok without Russia or China
>doing better than Batman
I thought the MCU was dying bros?

At this point I'd think after Guardians 3 since that'll be the big "wrap up" of every dangling hook from the end of Endgame. Black Panther 2 will get butts in seats unless it's just a total failure of a film and Ant-man may not get as much attention but I don't think they ever expect him to.

After that what's left? Blade might be good but I don't think it'll catch the attention of the masses, F4 will be bad, and X-men might get people excited but that's in 3ish years plus we've had a million X-men movies already. A friend of mine was complaining about how there isn't another Avengers on the horizon and it shows.

>Pandemic

Are we STILL fucking pretending meme coof matters anymore? Shit seemed to die down pretty rapidly as soon as the Russia/Ukraine shit started and now it barely gets talked about

Ok but if I said 3rd biggest opening of the past 3 years you would have cried about the pandemic

It is making a small comeback. More than one person I know got it and intense therapy units are full again

>doing better than Batman
Which was meant to be the first of a new film series instead of a preexisting “cinematic universe” and will probably still have better legs anyway

It all depends on that second week drop off. If its strong, it means MCU will still go strong, if it means itt happens, its not long until there's a first week drop off for their next movie.

It's already happened,
Only GOTG can save them now and James Gunn is leaving after this.

Attached: guardians_of_the_galaxy-2048x1536.jpg (1200x900, 235.89K)

Considering fan reception seems to be worse than MoM, a bigger drop off is almost guaranteed

>the bigest
>of this
>during that
>if you only count this
>comapred to that
You bought a ps5, didn't you?

Literally never. At this point Marvel are the ONLY movies.

May as well start calling the Marvels and Marvel Theaters

Would you consider Thor their biggest identifier if the MCU can survive or thrive going forward?
Every other movie had some sort of excuse attached to it. e.g. Black Widow was too late and its hard to invest as she's already dead plus peak pandemic, Shang Chi and Eternals being literal who's, Spider-Man having the multiverse gimmick and teasing Tobey and Andrew cameos, Dr. Strange had the Xavier tease and possibility of more cameos that backfired because it wasn't a cameomania movie as advertised.

Meanwhile, Thor is just a Marvel movie, and a Marvel movie of an established hero at that. There's no excuses, there's no gimmicks. Its just a Marvel movie. Will people go to see it?

It feels like Dr. Strange and Thor are the two tests.

A bit like how in the 80s people called video games Nintendos?

And how gaming consoles were playstations, yes.

I mean yeah, Marvel is literally cinema. If they stopped making movies many cinemas would close and streaming would take over the industry completely