Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

So what would the perfect adaption of TMNT be like?

Attached: ezgif-1-3b4fc10cc4.jpg (350x599, 150.01K)

the perfect tmnt adaptation would have to somewhat follow the eastman and laird comics.

It already exists.

Attached: tmnt.png (1000x1480, 1.47M)

This might be controversial, but I believe there should be a de-emphasis on the show's more extraterrestrial/mystical elements.

These elements usually detract from the core Turtles vs Foot plot.

I just want my hard R Turtles so they can actually use their weapons, but if I could have any adaptation it would be the Raph and Casey solo comic Bodycount.

Attached: B7F7864C-B021-495B-99D3-08DD6569CA51.jpg (915x1413, 1.75M)

Do the Ninja Turtles make sense in modern day NYC?

Attached: SC_Oculus_019.jpg (750x665, 123.75K)

Naw Triceraton’s are dope

Did they ever make sense retard? Walking talking turtles that fight crime? Fuckin retard.

At the the time of their inception, yes. Everyone was worried about toxic waste and gang violence.

2K3?

No. Lets stop bullshitting about creators vision with TMNT.

TMNT got popular with the 80s cartoon, and the 80s cartoon got released like 9 issues into the comics run.

You wanna say adapt those first few issues? Ok. That's not enough substance for a whole series, and we certainly don't need to adapt the later comic shit like April turning into a cockroach.

TMNT only works in a pre-smartphone era. Since a huge part of their identity is them being secret and hiding from the spotlight of humanity ala bigfoot, yeti, other paranormal stuff

Shut the fuck up dumbass.

The problem is there really isn't much to the core Turtles vs Foot plotEventually you start bringing in things like the Foot using mutants(which leads to Utroms or Kraang) or the turtles defeating Shredder, which leads to other enemies. Even the foot clan themselves had arcane magic early on

>TMNT got popular with the 80s cartoon, and the 80s cartoon got released like 9 issues into the comics run.
>You wanna say adapt those first few issues? Ok. That's not enough substance for a whole series,

The 80's cartoon basically stretched out its concept over 7 seasons. Its very repetitive.
Bringing uo the "April is a drawing" thing is silly because it comes in so late into the Mirage stuff, where the turtles are adults. There's a ton of material in all the Mirage comics; especially the tales stuff, that's ripe for adaptation, and is no more stupid than anything from the cartoons.

Bigger question, should Splinter be pure good, flawed good, anti-hero, or subtle evil?

I like the Mirage version where he's initially morally grey but honorable before settling down.
I much prefer Splinter being the rat than the human, I realize thats more unpopular. But regardless of how he learns martial arts as a rat, I like that he's basically a pet out for vengeance.

>but I believe there should be a de-emphasis on the show's more extraterrestrial/mystical elements.
>When the entire premise of the series involves a bunch of turtles and an old man/rat falling into a puddle of alien goo

We still get Bigfoot sightings user.
And they're "Ninja" turtles user, the point is they stay hidden.

Being a cloaked dimension hopping hyper intelligent ape hooligan in a giant forest is one thing but being a ninja in a city of everlasting light and wall to wall cameras is another.

Attached: 11271121-large.jpg (380x285, 31.02K)

I can see the desire to want something like the 1990 movie or Season 1 of the 2003 show. But I think something like that can only really work with a short form series.

Donnie could easily invent something to evade being seen via cameras/phones/whatever
It's not like cameras are new invention either.