Is THEY'RE ONLY FUNCTIONS the worst instance of Any Forums PR damage control in recent memory?

Is THEY'RE ONLY FUNCTIONS the worst instance of Any Forums PR damage control in recent memory?

Attached: lmao.jpg (1280x720, 176.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BVolJ3L15lM
youtube.com/watch?v=BUWg-h5HGAk
youtube.com/watch?v=5xOHN0rWVFw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He should have said something else not that BS, but on the other hand Capcom should have picked up the slack by releasing more characters. it could have been Capcom Vs Marvel.

Combofiend did nothing wrong. He was in a no-win situation. Blame Disney and then blame Capcom for everything.

Marvel characters felt more like roles. but capcom put effort into the capcom characters. Hunter gameplay is like an MH game. But despite that ''anime fighting games'' like MVC are really samey.

I didn't follow the MvCI fiasco - was this the official excuse for no X-Men or Fantastic Four characters?

>that uneven roster

That’s shit still boils my blood for no reason. What the fuck where they thinking?

Disney had final say on the roster. FOX owned the movies rights at the time and Disney didn’t want those characters in the game to help push the movies. MCU or Disney owned only.

Yes, this was someone having to say something without saying "because Disney won't let us use those characters."

The only good Marvel vs Capcom game was the first one.

"If you miss your old mains, their movesets are still here" is better than nobody likes magneto they just like triangle dashing

What combofiend said makes sense. MVC games are about functions, that's why they are so repetitive.

I still can't believe that of all the characters they weren't allowed to use, the one people are most salty about losing is the projectile-spamming one who isn't even much fun to play as. If the complaints were more about losing Doom or Sentinel they'd have a point, but no, it's always about Magneto.

DBZF has the entire x-men cast. Is it just me who doesn't like anime fighters?

This.

Attached: MVC_flyer.jpg (850x1207, 338.48K)

People wanted Wolverine too. They could've gotten away with no F4 although Doom would still be sorely missed, there could be hope that he'd be DLC, but the X-Men not being there was too much.

"anime fighters" is kind of a misnomer when the vast majority of them are cyberconnect arena fighters.
Frankly their movesets returning was an argument for the hardcore audience but fighting games have never been commercially viable due to just that small audience. They need mainstream appeal and there were a fuckload of people that liked the X-men characters.

Arcsys airdashers and the cc2 naruto games are not the same genre. When somebody from the fgc says anime fighters they mean BB or GG, not arena fighters.

No 4 gods for the hardcore audience, no deadpool for the meme audience, no wolverine for the normies, and no X-23 for the anime waifufags.
But we got Carol's literal anti hype ass. Seriously go watch the crowd reaction first trailer. There's a pop off for every character except her.

I always thought of those as hyper fighters rather than anime. Since the vs series pioneered that style. Whereas there's a bunch of shovelware shonen jump anime games that are all arena fighters.

I still remember the reveal at PSX 2016 where the crowd went wild.

Then shortly they showed off Gravity Rush 2 and Nioh, with the crowd just being quiet and having confused "what the fuck is this?" looks on their faces.

>I still remember the reveal at PSX 2016 where the crowd went wild.
That's what I was referencing
youtube.com/watch?v=BVolJ3L15lM
X shows up? Excitement.
Ryu shows up? Excitement.
Iron Man? Less excitement, but still there.
Captain Marvel? One lone guy tries to get a cheer going and it fails. It's fucking hilarious.

You'd be surprised at how many of the people who claim to love Japanese games don't actually throw their support behind anything that's either halfway niche or not part of an established franchise.

I think it's pretty telling that people are more willing to go back and mod UMVC3 to have all this crazy shit rather than try and fix Infinite.
youtube.com/watch?v=BUWg-h5HGAk
youtube.com/watch?v=5xOHN0rWVFw

>sub-zero skin on iceman
cringe

GG is better than MVC

How many characters are in this game including the modded characters?

It doesn't make sense to the casual player. Casuals don't even know what a function is.
>but muh competitive shit
if you only focus on that, you're game is gonna die a horrible death. All games have to have a casual component