Serious question

Serious question.

Do modern cartoons suck or are we all just too old for them now?

Attached: skinner.jpg (600x450, 43.7K)

Yes.

Attached: 4771D72F-5CD0-4618-8F4E-6C0E6E377231.gif (640x480, 2M)

Serious answer: The problem with your question is that you're assuming a hive mind exists when you're really just seeing individuals saying "this sucks." It's stupid to do that, fuck you.

Even actual kids now prefer checking the social media and watching dumb videos than watching current cartoons.

I think you know the answer already

Attached: DaYZpR5X4AIL_TH.jpg (1394x1050, 73.33K)

Mostly the latter, though I know for a fact that they aren't as funny as they used to be.

there has been varying degrees of quality for the past 2 decades. what has really changed is people's attention spans and we live in a time where we can just binge an entire show because its available to us and forget most things in the show 1-2 weeks later.
we live in a time where traditional advertisement doesnt work anymore and word of mouth is the only way people to listen to whats out may it be through memes or drama or other stupid subliminal bullshit of algorithms that trick the mind into being interested in something before something gets announced.

original ideas that dont conform to the only way people will pay attention to is shot down which isnt that bad since people can have internet followings to keep making the things they like however we arent fully there just yet. we, include Any Forums, are still bound to what the big 3 cable networks are outputting like a bunch of 50 year old boomers who need to watch tv every day.

so its a little bit of a latter but also people are simply not bothering to look for things and being supportive of it.

Attached: 1637147600269.jpg (1920x810, 195.16K)

Column A and B. The golden age of creativity which came from cable television ruling entertainment has ended and brought about a new stagnancy of art. But also yes, these shows are made for children and will never connect with you the way they did when you too were a child.

I'm struggling to believe something with this kind of animation was ever in the Simpsons.

A bit of the column A, a bit of the column B: it's true that as we age, we become more cynical and can't enjoy simple things as we used to, but it's also true that lots of cartoons are genuine garbage.

Why not both?

>what has really changed is people's attention spans
>traditional advertisement doesnt work anymore
Wrong conclusions but correct observations.
We have more distractions than ever before. Television still has adverts, a broadcast schedule and no social aspect. Video games, YouTube, Twitch and social media laugh at that.
Advertising has always been questionable as to if it works.

Not all of them. Many do. Partly because shit writers, but mostly because money. Back than they made shows to sell you something and had a reason to make it cool.

Attached: Well yes but actually no.jpg (480x360, 37.61K)

Wrong. With time your horizont grows. At a certainlevel you see where thing A comes from. Your brain wants new stimuli, your reptile brain want new stuff that reminds you of old good stuff, but your manmal brain doesnt want old stuff presented again as new.

Yes they fucking suck monkey dick. I had to look really hard throughout the 2010s to find the "gems" in the cesspool and said gems were no better than 90s and 2000s cartoons.

Cartoons have been getting worse and really most western media has been getting worse. Instead of brave weirdos trying to make in the industry cause they have passion and drive and had to work hard to get where they were and were grateful. Who intrinsically loved writing and always tried their best to make the best thing and really thought about what they were doing.

Nowadays you have a bunch of intitled jerk-offs who treat writing like homework and want to punch in and punch out and it's no longer a meritocracy but nepotism and diversity hires. Or a place for old boomers to twiddle away their golden years.

If you're talking about kids shows, i'd say it's mostly the former with hints of the latter. I watched Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy for the first time last week and i thought it was hilarious, meanwhile a month before I tried to watch Craig of the Creek for the first time and it was really obnoxious & boring.

That's not to say kids shows are bad nowadays, Mao Mao and Infinity Train were great. But I think a lot of them nowadays just play it too safe.

Infinity Train had a great idea, but the usual garbage Adventure Time execution just like Centaurworld. Nobody should ever follow the Adventure Time atmosphere, it's stoner garbage.
Shows like Mao Mao are extremely rare. But of course you can still find decent shows in the 2010s compared to the 70s where there were no gems to be found outside of animated movies.

Am I too old for cartoons if I still enjoy new cartoons (very rarely and occasionally) as well as re-watching the old ones? Even if I find a lot of modern cartoons pretty uninteresting?

Nah. There were worse cartoons in the 00's.