Butcher

Why did they fuck his character so much in the show?
>comic butcher
sadistic ex-soldier playing 5D backgammon to kill homelander and all supes
>show butcher
autistic lunatic who got cucked and raises his wifes son

Attached: maxresdefault (7).jpg (1280x720, 150.62K)

you could say they butchered him

you could say the butchered the whole plot.

>Why can't characters be sadistic and OP like MEEEEEEEE
Fucking hell, Ennis, get a grip.

it's not such a hugie to me

They didnt fuck the character, they made him likable because is a tv show that needs people to not get tired of him, is the same they did with homelander and pretty much every character that isnt storefront, and even then they tried to make her not really that racist or nasty. Is a product by amazon and they want you to keep buying it, is not about what is the best for the story or the characters, is not art, every change is intended to make the show more appealing and to catch back a captive audience that has to wait over one year between seasons

They had to make Butcher likable to the norimes but yeah they fucked his character hard. They should have kept him fucking his cia handler

You could say they really gave him a spanking

>catch back a captive audience
Coud you be any more retarded? Do you even understand what you're typing?

because Ennis writes the worst edgelord shit imaginable and literally any change would and should be welcome

I mean the original comic is shit and Butcher is a shitty self insert for a shitty person so I say good on them for finding a diamond in this tub of shit.

They just continued the theme of taking the garbage Ennis writes and making it tolerable

Comic Butcher is a far better character than the TV version. It's not even close.

They changed him from the stealth main antagonist to the protagonist.

CARLOS

You're already getting paid Garth you don't need to come here and try to convince me to read your comics

Butcher is a terrible fucking character in the comics, he's literally just Ennis' cool antihero standin.

Except for all those heartwarming and human moments, sure.

Attached: 1656637559216.jpg (1170x1359, 113.87K)

He has like two the rest of the time he's an obnoxious self-insert who wins because he's just that op for no reason.

>obnoxious self-insert
that's subjective.
>who wins because he's just that op for no reason
examples?

Don't read the comics, as they aren't good.
But what I said stands, Eric.
He's a pretty solid character stuck in a shitty comic.
I read a lot of comics, and I don't like too many characters, but goddamn was he wasted on The Boys.

That Russia arc near the start of the comic. He gets the honor of killing like a hundred Supers and nothing happens to him over it.

>He gets the honor of killing like a hundred Supers and nothing happens to him over it.
That's not:
>because he's just that op for no reason.

Christ, you can't even keep your criticisms straight for two posts in a row.

Butcher was part of the problem. But the boys has a few good moments but most of it is shit. Just the trashiest shit you can read because ennis thinks he's clever and funny about something people used to make fun of in the 50s.