Were the 80s, the worst decade in cartoon history?

Were the 80s, the worst decade in cartoon history?

Attached: Thumb.png (899x500, 697.5K)

No, the 60s/70s were. But that's a close second place.

But six of those were awesome.

Yeah because you were a kid who didn't know any better. Most of these have aged poorly

Not by a long shot. Syndicated 80s toons actually had good writing thanks to loser restrictions than what networks forced on production companied in the 60s and 70s.

The early to mid 80s sucked

Captain Planet was 1990.

>Syndicated 80s toons actually had good writing thanks to loser restrictions
Care to give examples? I don't deny your word but I'd like to see that myself.

Are you serious?

kek fuckin boomers

>loser restrictions

Attached: ironic.jpg (800x450, 45.81K)

Fuck no, you're pulling this out of your ass. The few exceptions everyone brings up are the outliers, the crap was forgotten or memory holed.

I love Jem

Vilppu has gone on record saying he hated working on Jem

In terms of animation yes, 1975-1990 is about the worst period in terms of quality of both story and animation.
At least anything from the 50s and lower can claim technological limitations - the 80s are known for simply being lazy.

No

They did indeed have looser restrictions compared to the 70s and late 60s, but most of the restrictions from the previous era that were removed were related to using TV characters to market products to children. It's why the 80s and 90s had so many cartoons hawking toylines. It didn't have much to do with the actual quality of the writing itself.

>The few exceptions everyone brings up are the outliers, the crap was forgotten or memory holed.
You're not wrong, but isn't that true for every era?

>1975-1990 is about the worst period in terms of quality of both story and animation.
Barring a few exceptions, it's never really improved in regards to the latter either.

Yes, i bet my ass and balls that in ten years there'll be people bringing up how great the 2000s and 2010s

They saw the success of this business model on japan. Don't make cartoons of toys or toys as merch for cartoons, make cartoons ads for toys and make money while you're making money.

The fact that our imaginations were stimulated by nothing but ads stuffed with ads is an indictment on the shopping mall we built to replace society.

more like the best. fuck off zoomer.

ok boomer