Sonic is better when it's not interactive

Sonic is better when it's not interactive.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 153.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3YxaaGgTQYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

True I'd say, it's funny how he's a cartoon character first and game character second even though he actually originates in a game. I always thought Sonic gameplay felt inherently flawed and unwieldy.

>I always thought Sonic gameplay felt inherently flawed and unwieldy.
I thought it was fine, the old 2D ones at least. It gets pretty fluid once you get the hang of it.

Well he is Japanese. Whenever they have an IP that is both a cartoon and a game, the quality is never any good for the game.

NTA, but I've also had trouble clicking with 2D Sonic. I've beaten them all, but to me they always feel like I'm just always walking to the right until something stops me most of the time, it feels like it's a lot more based on memorizing a stage so you can do it fast than it is to "reacting" to things

Only if you are a diaper faggot who obsess too much with a chipmunk OC shit.

>but to me they always feel like I'm just always walking to the right until something stops me most of the time
So the 2D platformer experience, eh?

Well most 2D platformers don't advertise themselves for their speed

Of course Archiefags would say something like that.

Tbf I'm gonna give you that it's similar to my experience with Mario 64; advertising these fun 3D worlds when the actual design for most of them turns out to be dull as fuck, which is a shame considering that was always the 2D games' forte

Nah, it's less about being a 2d platformer and more about feeling unengaged multiple times in a level.

I can't say I felt like Mario 64 underdelivered? Like it's primitive but it is quite literally one of the first 3d platformers and still has momentum and physics that a good chunk of modern 3d platformers fail to match. The only thing in it that strikes me as clumsy is the camera's controls. Still would replay it anyday over Sonic games.

>still has momentum and physics that a good chunk of modern 3d platformers fail to match.
They're literally garbage what the fuck

try one of the fanmade hacks that makes the game widescreen instead of 4:3, it'll give you more reaction time

1, 2, CD, 3&K, 3D Blast, SA1, SA2 and Heroes are all fun console platformers
and then Sega merged with Sammy in 2004 and Sonic Team became an extremely hit or miss studio

>and still has momentum and physics
And I felt that's all the dev team ever gave a shit about, and nothing else. Even for an early 3D platformer, the level design could've been much better than it actually turned out. I think Crash Bandicoot from that same year was a better transitional point to 3D, and Spyro from two years later a better take on what 64 attempted to be.

Does anyone have the "Nobody's talking about pancakes" image for these anons?

Can't say I agree. The "big difference" between SMB and other NES platformers that gave it an edge even when more and more came out was always the weight and momentum. It's the reason something like Adventure Island sucked dick compared to SMB. SM64 focusing on movemet and physics is just being loyal to what Mario's edge always was. Stuff like Crash struck me as boring to control due to how little the movement in that game cared for gravity.
I think you're deeply wrong.

youtu.be/3YxaaGgTQYM

Attached: Sadow (5).jpg (612x792, 63.12K)

>SM64 focusing on movemet and physics is just being loyal to what Mario's edge always was.
Nah, it's more level design to me, which Mario 64 really faltered at. Even Bano-Kazooie from around Spyro's time manages to capture that balance 64 lacked.

>Stuff like Crash struck me as boring to control due to how little the movement in that game cared for gravity.
Nah. I thought the amount to weight and movement was appropriate even if not as "dynamic" as Mario 64's, but I guess pretty decent level design really helped with that.

Stealth Any Forums thread?

Well, yes. Sonic is a game character.

Attached: sonic story.jpg (1882x1244, 519.58K)

He didn't call them Archiefags, he said that they'd say something like that. You've been had this time.

>movie game
This aged well, besides the frogshit.