Do cartoons still put in references no kid would be expected to get...

Do cartoons still put in references no kid would be expected to get? Do you have any "I didn't get this shit until years later" moments?

Attached: meetthebeatalls2.png (540x380, 466.74K)

>Do cartoons still put in references no kid would be expected to get?
Yes, except now they're anime references. Although, *those* cartoons are more for manchildren, so it doesn't count as much...

sure. but its easier than you think and you might not even think about it.
most kids dont know what a crt is.

Attached: 1650456824296.jpg (1517x814, 626.71K)

I'd count it arguably. The manchildren of today will be the boomers of tomorrow eventually

Attached: 88gj2rgq9b641.png (1360x768, 505.58K)

Yes, specifically ones aimed towards the previous president or political problems. Bands/Celebrities also get some nods but they aren't as prominent in popular culture as they used to be.

>Do cartoons still put in references no kid would be expected to get?
I got this one as kid because my mom is obssesed with the beatles

Half the reason I've started rewatching cartoons from my childhood is to pick up on the references I missed as a kid. It's actually really fun. I feel bad though because it kind of makes me cringe when I see it in modern cartoons.

In my defense, I watched the latin dub and the episode's title was (accurately) translated as "Los Golpeadores" which got rid of the Beatles reference.

everyone was thats why they referenced it

Animaniacs obviously had a ton, but the one that always got me as a kid was the skit where William Shatner was singing. What really had me perplexed was that unlike many references that went over my head, I actually recognized Shatner from the seeing the occasional Star Trek rerun, but I didn't understand why his parody rendition had such stilted delivery to all his lines, because nothing seemed off to me about Shatner's performance in his iconic TV role. It was over a decade later that I came across Shatner's rendition of Rocket Man and recognized it as the inspiration for the skit. Any kid might have the chance of seeing the cover a Beetles album, they're still one of the most well known bands ever, but no kid is going to have watched a one time event from a TV awards show 15 years ago.

>i threw a rock at him

Why did the human character designs on this movie BTFO anything Neodisney and Neopixar has done in like half a decade???
Is the "make characters people don't want to shoot in the face 17 times every time they see them" formula too spicy for mainstream animation studios?

Futurama, I guess. I still don't really care for most of the celebs in that show.

I wonder if parents still sort of pass down the stuff they like to their kids via osmosis. Like, do zoomers know about DBZ or whatever, or is everyone now isolated in their own media bubble

This episode is a good example of how things Any Forums focuses on is completely missed by kids today; when we were kids most of us knew fuck all about the Beatles or what happened to them.

Somewhat. I’m not sure about very niche franchises that the parents are into but I know stuff like Ghibli or Star Wars is forced down their throats by many parents

I remember being kinda confused by this episode because the only thing I knew about the beatles at the time was that they were super famous until some chick broke up the band. It wasn't until the female monkey showed up that I got the joke.

>Beatles
>Kids don't get it
As boomer as that fucking band is. Everyone knows who they are. Even people who live under a rock.

whoever participates in the wilhelm scream needs to be put down. it will never be funny and has never been funny

This is a pretty egregious example because the whole episode was chockfull of Beatleswank; watching this a a spic kid who had no idea who they were and with pooly translated jokes was surreal.

makes me laugh every time

Maybe kids nowadays don't get it and OP is projecting that backwards onto kids who were around when PPG came out.