Are the United States of America the only country worth living in if you want to make it in the animation (and comics)...

Are the United States of America the only country worth living in if you want to make it in the animation (and comics) industries?

Attached: 1655985826203.jpg (2080x1391, 1.08M)

theres france, also it's probably worse now in america with how everything practically anti-animation, and by which I mean making everything as flat and stiff as possible

is it true that if you put some gay kiss, you need to pay taxes for that?

Japan is infinitely better at both

There's Japan and France. Also... Canada? Belgium...

I think a lot of European countries have strong comics industries but I don't know how much penetration they have outside of local markets.

Oh, Korea too, but their animation and comics don't have the international popularity of Japanese stuff, yet. Probably will eventually since Korean stuff is getting crazy popular these days.

But no one moves to Japan for animation. Japanese animation is made by Japanese and for Japanese first and foremost. In the United States you could be born in fucking Uganda and still be hired to work if you're good enough.

Japanese homes feel too small for my taste

Only if you want to be a creator.
If you want to be an actual animator, living in the US is a terrible idea, since it's all outsourced.

This isn't so widely known but if you need meds for your mental health Japan won't allow them. Someone even got arrested once.

Learn Japanese

If you're a foreigner applying for an ordinary Japanese studio, you're probably gonna be crushed by their work hours. You'd need to apply for a company that's run by westerners with shorter work hours. Not sure those even exist imo.

Are foreigners even allowed to work with Japanese?

Fuck no, the American animation industry is filled with nepotism.

>United States of America
>worth living in

Attached: D.png (320x240, 113.4K)

that won't change the size

They are, given you have pretty decent knowledge of the language of course, among other credentials.

See: Mateusz Urbanowicz, Christophe Ferreira, Thomas Romain, even Natasha Allegri for some time iir...

You can work anywhere these days. Franco/Belgian scene is big. Europe has a lot in general. SA has some, but I don't know much about it. Japan of course.

Seems they're animators and comic book artists have pretty rough work life balance as well. No idea how average income matches up either, but you shouldn't be in it for the money anyway.

I guess in general it's best to research these sorts of things up before engaging in them.

Lots of Canadians worked on Hilda so yeah, good stuff there

What is the animation industry like in the UK? I know that it had a pretty decent comic industry but I'm not sure what that's like nowadays.

I live in France and made it into the American system thanks to the internet. So no.