A-Poccy-Lips

>kino design
>kino backstory
>motives make no sense
>retarded characterization
Nothing about him makes sense. He's all about
>muh stronk
then he shows specific favouritism towards muties. He'll take Eyeball Kid over Spider-Man or Tony Stark which shows that he doesn't play by his rules. Beyond that he's written as a very one-note and cliche villain with no nuance. He acts like a brute with no class, when someone like him should be otherwordly. The best portrayal of him was in "The Further Adventures Of Cyclops And The Phoenix" and it was still pretty one-note.

Seriously, you've got a concept as great as Immortal Pharaoh Mutant given powers by Ancient Alien Gods, and you turn him into a jobber who exists to drop cliche one-liners. Such a hook would normally be good enough for a solo star, and in the X-Verse he's barely a villain.

How would (you) fix him?

Attached: 316534962d5493656f1b3e24025c1d00362843c6r1-900-1366v2_uhq.jpg (900x1366, 227.44K)

Hickman Apocalypse was kino.

Basically just make him Young Justice Vandal Savage but True Neutral.

Hickman Apocalypse sucks. It's just whitewashing his past so Hickman can retcon in some Dune fanfic OCs.

I prefer when every mocks Apocalypse for being a fucking loser who gets beat by Moonboy. Nigga gets hand selected by the Celestials and he's less of a threat then Mandrill except when he gets the deck stacked in his favor in What Ifs?

Hickman made him a mutant-centrist when before he was totally willing to use non-mutants for his plans if they fit his definition of "fittest" (using hulk as an example).

The problem also lies that most writers after the 90s didnt really care for him, and in the 90s he was used more as an idea than an actual character. Which is a shame because his origin is so kino.

Apoc used to be my favorite villain. But his endgame is so unbelievably stupid. His idea of a "Only the strong survive" society is a bombed out wasteland where everyone is miserable and pissed off. Who wins there?

I think its a bit more unique than another "mutants rule humans drool" or "humans rule mutants drool" sort of villain, and admitbely that is just one AU, but you could argue that the conditions being so hostile means that everyone would have to be even fitter to survive and that's evolution at its core.

The problem is that evolution is only guided by traits that increase the likelihood of reproduction. Hostile conditions don't make people "fitter," they select for people most capable of surviving to sexual maturity. Apocalypse's methods don't result in any form of evolutionary pressure towards specific aims. On top of that, considering his ideology promotes intra-group conflict, he can't actually build a functional society because social pressures benefit aggressive, confrontational, and backstabbing behaviors which decreases the potential for reproduction across the population. It's pretty telling that the universe where everything went in his favor and he was top dog was one where he didn't even manage to conquer the Earth and had to devote a huge amount of effort to keep his subordinates in line. The only reason why he's a threat is because he won the lottery in finding the Celestial ship which allowed him to brute force his authority from a pre-existing position of power rather than trying to rise under his own system.

another Darkseid ripoff? lol

>Hickman Apocalypse sucks. It's just whitewashing his past so Hickman can retcon in some Dune fanfic OCs.
heh

>>kino design
haha funny guy

>The only reason why he's a threat is because he won the lottery in finding the Celestial ship which allowed him to brute force his authority from a pre-existing position of power rather than trying to rise under his own system.
This why I find his motivation hilarious, the blue-lipped freak got super lucky in finding what is basically a god-tech repository in the middle of nowhere, then tries to impose a "survival of the fittest" ideology on others. The greatest example of the totally unearned "fuck you, got mine" asshole ideology.

On related note, what are their problem?

Attached: main-qimg-0c72ddbc24552b6dd1a3437b2b7f5429.jpg (602x925, 273.33K)

They're so enigmatic that no one at Marvel has written a decent, plausible reason for them to exist at all.

I liked how he was handled in Hickman's run. He views Krakoa, and mutants newfound immortality, as the ultimate form of survival. He still pushes his more martial philosophy, but its part of a larger whole now. Seeing what happened to Arakko and his family also humbled him a great deal. I'm hoping he's more nuanced in the same vein when they inevitably bring him back, and not just revert him to the Blue Meanie who wants to genocide everyone.

So basically he became an even bigger hypocrite and then fucked off. Not to mention the ridiculous retcon and how weak he came off as. Apocalypse went from a disappointing concept to a jobber to a joke.
This too.
>I’m a supergenius super mutant and my ideal society is, uh… a bunch of morons beating each other up
>haha survival of the fittest noooooo don’t pay attention to the fact that I just lucked out and found an abandoned ship with tech nooooooo
The guy is a self-serving asshole with not even any redeeming motivations. Big whoop he wants to create a dystopia with daily brawls to the death. When you factor in mutants and how some scrawny fuck lucks out on his X-Gene and gets nuclear blast, then some guy who trains his powers and abilities every day gets blasted, even “survival of the fittest” becomes just RNG.

Honestly, Apocalypse is just a broken character. The concept wouldn’t be bad if he had a specific plan in mind, but he doesn’t and that makes him come off as a moron of the highest order. He’s literally the Mandarin (found alien tech, self-serving asshole, strife based mentality) but he’s even worse because even the Mandarin can be a good enough leader.

Lest we forget that he literally burns through bodies. Some “fittest” there, having to literally let go of his husks and jump around.

You call him a jobber, I call it having more depth than his previous 'kill the weak lmao' characterization which was a shallow pool of interesting before. Now it at least has some more reason behiind it all.

>Lest we forget that he literally burns through bodies.
what? wasn't this just in the shitty movie

the first mugga, consort to Genesis, breaker of rictor's bussy, crown jewel of mugga magic, shitty dad to stryfe, jobber to all _)+A+(_

He was always a jobber, now he's a pathetic jobber.
>lucks out on finding alien tech
>adopts a "survival of the fittest" philosophy which just amounts to whomever can punch harder
>retcontime.png
>it's revealed he's ackhtualhy trying to save the planet from demons
>lol he's too weak to join his "tribe" and his wife is stronger than him lmao
>spends the next millenia just being his usual retarded self
>lucks out and muties come together
>literal supergeniuses and mutates who could fuck up mutants running around
>he plays favourites and thinks fucking EyeBoy is part of the "fittest" while Reed Richards is a shitty flatscan
So yeah, now his new backstory is contradictory with his beliefs and it makes him even more pathetic that he was left behind. If he was a tragic character trying to make humanity stronger, he'd have just backed any of the supergeniuses which whip up black holes in a few seconds and that'd have been it. But ultimately he's a hypocritical oaf so of course he didn't do that.

He's still got his
>lmao kill the weak
characterization, it's just that now he's a hypocrite who shills for all muties, is also a weakling simp and his "tragic backstory" makes him come off as a moron.

Guy apparently devoted his life to a cause that Strange or Doom could solve in an afternoon with their "flatscan magic". Hell, the moron tried to set up Mugger Magic and failed.
Nope, it's in the books. Apart from the rejuvanation chambers, there's a whole plotline about him wanting to use Nathan Summers as a vessel. It turned out the kid however wasn't Nathan but his clone, and so Blue Lips went
>NOOOOOOO MY SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST PLAN WHERE I HIJACK A TODDLER'S BODY TO LIVE LONGER IS RUINED NOW BECAUSE HE'S A FILTHY CLONE REEEEEEE
and blablabla and now Stryfe pops up every now and then to fuck with his "daddy" while Blue Lips still tries to hijack his body.

Apocalypse is a shitty character, all he's got going for him are the Sci-Fi Egyptian aesthetics.

Wouldnt krakoa logically be the anthisies of his philosphy? Because even the weak get to have a second chance at life just because of agene they have.

Acthualhy u see muties trying clones this time around means they've heckin conquered death and are collectively the fittest!

I can't decide whether the concept of Krakoa, Poccylips, or the dickriders of the era are more retarded...