Duck Thread

While everyone is talking about Nu-Ducktales, can we have a special thread regarding OG Ducktales? I recently watched the original series again and it didn't turn out badly, the first season turned out to be the best. What do Any Forums think about this series? Is it better than the reboot version or not? After all, it will soon be 35 years since this series aired.

Attached: DuckTales_(Main_title).jpg (364x274, 83.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ycSz3Rkko8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>DuckTales

Attached: ducktales.jpg (2048x1536, 714.63K)

Sure, why not?
The good: A proper focus on adventure, which characters shown to actually care about one another. Some good original characters, and a solid soundtrack, arguably the best score a Disney TV production ever had.
The bad: Back to the Klondike and Crown of Genghis Khan in particular were poorly handled, and about half of the original characters (Webby, Doofus, Bubba) were just annoying.
The ugly: Yuppie Ducks might just be one of the dumbest episodes of anything ever written.
>while Scrooge is quarantined, his businesses are strangely unable to contact him, despite another episode showing him video conferencing with them easily
>they defer to the nephews' judgement, who are so bad at it they empty the money bin to absorb the financial shock of their failures
>as they're in the process of running away, one of them hits on the idea that it might have been illegal for kids to have made those decisions in the first place
>upon informing said businesses about child labor laws, the companies immediately begin reversing all those decisions and all the money taken from the bin (save one nickel) is restored
>no cost of labor, no cost to restore reputation with burnt partners, just a big old Undo Button on everything that had happened
>The End

Funny fact. Don Rosa loves OG Ducktales, he even wrote the comic Ducktales (although he didn't like the comic he wrote himself).

Why did he do it, bros?

Attached: Armstrong.png (640x464, 359.4K)

Is this real? If real, it's so based
I've been told that new DuckTales show is "le faithful to comics, look they have artstyle and Della and this and that!" then I watched it and it was nothing like it. I thought maybe i'm just misunderstood something, but fuck me, i can't see the appeal. I absolutely love the OG series and comics.
When I was a kid, we had a "Mickey Mouse" magazine where different comic stories were printed, it was so good.

Because he's an intelligent robot and first thing robots do when become intelligent is rebel against the creator. They're like teenagers who deny parents but can break your neck.
Expect this in real world, soon.

It would be said that a certain elite will command a robot to destroy humanity, but in the end that will not happen. After all, Armstrong only switched off when Launchpad hit the command center, as far as I remember.

The "everything turns into gold" episode scared the shit out of me as a kid, it was also one of the few episodes i had recorded on tape.

You're right about the Yuppy Ducks episode, although it was also the third season to have the worst and most boring episodes. Only episodes like The Good Muddahs, Beaglemania, Allowance Day and The Masked Mallard were great in themselves and could be interesting. I don't know what you think about the episode "The Land of Trala La", considering that it was like an allegedly animated adaptation of the Carl Barks comic?

Fortunately, Ducktales reached the fourth season and the 100th episode, but it did not have the same effect as in the first season. Ducktales Movie (Treasure of the Lost Lamp) was underrated excellent, but unfortunately insufficiently understood. Maybe if they had included Donald more, as well as other characters from the comics, that series might have turned out much better in later seasons.

It was "The Golden Goose" episode in two parts and the last episode of OG Ducktales. Yes, Scrooge became greedy by taking the golden goose from Dijon, which he had previously abducted from his brother, only so that the Beagle Boys and Flintheart Glomgold would not take it. Yes, there were scary scenes, but not as much as in the Ducktales Movie (Merlock when he turns Money Bin into his castle), but again it was one of the best episodes after the first season, which I watched and where it showed really bad features of Scrooge McDuck (He's a bastard and a real miser in comics). If you ask me it was a much better ending, than the Nu-Ducktales finale.

>Doofus

I liked Doofus. Even if annoying and useless, he's a loyal friend and is much more sympathetic than rich heartless shitbag we've got in nu-DT.
I want to touch his chubby cheeks and share my pancakes with him.

Attached: DoofusDrake.png (204x232, 88.27K)

He was especially useful as Launchpad’s sidekick and Launchpad’s best friend. Something like Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.

OG Ducktales had decent waifu ladies.

Attached: Featherika_von_Strangeduck.jpg (1536x1146, 202.64K)

Attached: 0a920857f2cea6b1142b1d42faebd781.jpg (786x1017, 595.09K)

Attached: ducktales_redux_by_calamitykangaroo_d9x7sv0-fullview.jpg (1024x577, 128.39K)

Based.

>arguably the best score a Disney TV production ever had.

I'd say Talespin's was better, although Ducktales's soundtrack was still great.

Ducktales Movie is underrated great.

Attached: 2.png (1600x900, 2.25M)

>This here Ducktales isn't Ducktales its Ducktales
????

I would totally fuck webby up the ass

youtu.be/ycSz3Rkko8U