Which negative character traits/flaws are your favorite and which are a deal breaker for you?

Which negative character traits/flaws are your favorite and which are a deal breaker for you?

Attached: a57dce1f88a28b54fbba309efbb17783.jpg (736x1151, 132.96K)

Prejudice and paranoia tell some of the best stories in my opinion
Overcoming cowardice is vanilla as fuck but it is still good

There's no such thing as a deal breaker character flaw if they're written well.

>Vengefulness
Dealbreaker. Nothing wrong with it itself, but it feels like most people only ever tell two stories about it. Either a character gives up vengeance because it is the "right" thing to do, or they destroy themselves in pursuit of it. When was the last time we got a character who said "yeah, I got my revenge, and it was fucking sweet"?

Agreed.

delusion, paranoia, self-denial are kino flaws

Correct, but dishonesty always rubs me the wrong way

Checked and kino

Fpbp

Based

Attached: EndMjIvW8AElpRD.jpg (727x1181, 279.36K)

>YOU LIED TO ME?!?

Attached: 1503482385654.gif (498x356, 235.48K)

I want a pathological liar protagonist.

A lot of those words are synonyms of each other, or at the very least pretty similar.

Rango

Bitch ass LIARS

Gullibility is cringe
Tactlessness is based
It’s also funny that Xavier ticks nearly all of them.

Yeah but
You know who also ticks off this board additionally

Attached: Kevin.png (400x910, 143.08K)

Technically he got Avdol "killed" because of it. Didn't destroy himself in pursuit but it cost his friends "life".
That is until Araki brought him back for bullshit reasons or whatever.

Well because it's a flaw. It is supposed to be a bad thing. If it turns out "wow vengeance actually worked out and made me feel better in the end" then it's a positive trait to have, not a flaw. It is like complaining how prejudiced characters often end up either realising their prejudice was wrong, or they let it consume them and they end up doing something horrible because of it. You can use this line of reasoning for pretty much all the flaws listed in the OP, and it shows how silly it is to complain that a flaw turns out bad more often than not when it is included in a work of fiction.

My favorites are cowardice, rage, pettiness, tactlessness, prudishness, and arrogance.
None of these are deal breakers but I found myself not liking dishonesty and self-denial. They usually play out the same and it's not fun.