Could fictional characters be real?

>According to Moore, he ran into John years after he'd stopped writing him, and the wisecracking mage whispered 13 words to him: “I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it.”

Attached: download.jpg (181x279, 12.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Constantine#In_real_life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean Morrison thinks so, right?

I've heard this stuff before, and thought about just writing Constantine fanfics every day to see if he shows up, but that would never work... Right?

Oh, this concept goes back a hundred years. Leslie Charteris wrote a story where he met the Saint. Isaac Asimov wrote a story where his favorite hard-boiled detective shows up in the flesh, complete with cliches. It's been done lots of times. Whether it could really happen, though...Absolutely not. If you think you've met a fictional character come to life, get checked for schizophrenia.

isnt this essentially a tulpa? even more able to become real because so many people including the creator give it energy

Well, if the multiverse is real there's statistically a chance they do exist somewhere.

Or it's actually John Constantine who exists somewhere in the multiverse and he decided to visit the universe where he is a semi-popular fictional character.

How is it Moore got away with this shit and Chris didn't?

Attached: received_425480674666614.jpg (411x310, 12.02K)

seY!

Attached: Paul Dini and his real life Zatanna .jpg (563x500, 63.43K)

Morrison met Superman at a convention.
Because Moore is a druggie and druggies are cool, while CWC is a retard that fucked his own mother.

Well, yeah, But Tulpas aren't real, either. They're like Leprechauns or Santa's reindeer.

If Alan Moore is a mage how could DC screw him over, not once but twice?

Brian Azzarello saw John Constantine in England once and remarked about how we wouldn't wanna be friends with a man like that.

I wish Azz was a friend of JC.

Attached: John Constantine.jpg (500x775, 91.97K)

That's like, how do fortune tellers get busted by the police for fraud? Why did witches allow themselves to be burned at the stake? Why don't psychics make millions at the race track? Because none of it actually works.

Daily reminder this short story is technically fanfiction since they don't own the rights of the character, Moore made up a fanfiction about him meeting constantine.

something something string theory

This proves Dini is the one true mage in comicdom. *kneels

Alan Moore is not the only one who claimed to have met him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Constantine#In_real_life
>Writers who had their run on the Hellblazer series have also admitted meeting the character in real life. A rumour has persisted for many years that the Liverpool occult writer Tom Slemen served as a model for Constantine. Slemen has always denied this. Original Hellblazer writer Jamie Delano also claims to have encountered Constantine, during his run on the character, outside the British Museum.[95][96] Peter Milligan saw Constantine at a party around 2009 and rushed after him, only to find he'd disappeared. Brian Azzarello once saw him in a Chicago bar but avoided him, saying that "the thing about John is, the last thing you'd want to be is his friend."[8]

Yeah. I'm starting to think Constantine is real. He probably visits this universe because he's a fictional character here.

What are the deeper cosmic implications of this? Is every conceivable nightmare and hellscape actually real in some disparate universe from ours?

Attached: E4EC6995-0319-4CD6-8868-343814A55195.jpg (543x800, 431.37K)

I don't think so. If that was true there would be more characters than Constatine here.