"They let Raimi run free" my ass

"They let Raimi run free" my ass

That Illuminati scenes were the most last minute thing I've ever seen.

Attached: Multiverse of Madness Are We Done Yet.jpg (1085x1168, 202.78K)

Test audiences didn’t like the raimi cut where Evil Strange called Scarlett witch and out of control Slav and that he killed all the Slavs in his universe.

The movie reeked of re-shoots and you never want to be able to tell that.

>yadda yadda muh test audiences
Has been bogus since the dawn of time. Anyone regurgitating that garbage is just yet another MCU zombie. Capeshit rots your brain if you let it.

Attached: 1514379236397.jpg (1050x704, 266.82K)

The issue with getting directors known for a specific style is that it then becomes obvious which parts of the work are and aren’t theirs. To a greater extent this is what happened to Justice League. Snyder and Whedon’s styles were night and day and there was no way to hide what was new and what was there originally. Feigie stepped right into this when he stunt hired Rami as a way of getting nostalgics on board. You can instantly discern the scenes that were part of the actual Doctor Strange 2 script Rami signed on for and which were studio mandated add ons. The only saving grace to the Illuminati segment is how Rami was allowed to brutally murder them all. I have such respect for Rami that I’m okay with the potentially last appearance of Patrick Stewart’s Professor X being him getting killed like an Evil Dead extra.

Attached: 3070F9F1-5E30-44CA-8036-1361F454FD3B.jpg (1280x720, 69.06K)

So was killing them off his idea or was it not? I keep hearing different takes on it.

I think he intended to kill them off, but there was a different lineup and a different sequence of events.

His plan for this movie was to basically just make a Wanda slasher film. So to Raimi, The Illuminati are just horror movie victims like the main gang from Evil Dead.

Attached: C05C02C2-0889-4BC7-AB9C-AFC364DDB4E6.jpg (444x690, 39.61K)

Jesus Raimi

This

Apparantly earlier version of Chavez was cringe as comics and audience hated her.they had to tone down .

Pretty much this.

They didn't let him run free, hell, he didn't even direct like half the movie, he became director only like halfway through production.

Attached: 1642182628596.jpg (1080x1332, 215.46K)

>They didn't let him run free

Attached: That is what I just said.gif (900x405, 2.51M)

tl;dr

It's clearly a Raimi movie. Feige had more control over fucking Spider-Man than he did Dr Strange

If it was a Raimi movie, The Illuminati wouldn't have even been there.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 3.30.23 PM.png (1002x602, 345.66K)

They even had some dipshit brag he was the "Co-Director" at the premiere.

Just a reminder that Raimifags are laughable.

Attached: First Superhero Horror Movie Kek.jpg (1366x909, 94.33K)

>They even had some dipshit brag he was the "Co-Director" at the premiere.
Wait, who?