Claremont's X-men

This is so goddamn good, fuck that guy who told me it was too dated to read nowadays. Everything from the Brood saga onwards especially has been a wild ride of pure awesomeness. Honestly this might qualify as the best Marvel run I've ever read.
Are there any other X runs that reach the same heights?

Attached: Uncanny X-Men Masterworks v09-331.jpg (2100x3000, 1.96M)

sux

I think it declined since mutant massacre and became a total mess after Inferno

>best run ever
So you didnt read Warlock by Jim Starlin then

>dated
God, I hate that fucking term.

Miller Daredevil is peak Marvel.

The only one that gets as much undissenting fanfare is the one with Spider-Man teaching.

Attached: captain-marvel-in-a-shazam-shirt.png (300x248, 189.2K)

user who was your favorite artist? (I have your entire family hostage so you better say Paul Smith)

Kek it's indeed Paul Smith. His Kitty and Madelyne/Jean do... things to me. And don't even get me started on Viper.

Attached: 1.jpg (4200x3000, 2.29M)

Cockrum is my favorite.

How? With all the respect that's due to him, since he's the one who started it all, his art is by far the worst out of all the artists who participated in the run. It's insane how much the run improves once Byrne takes over during Phoenix.
Though I'll admit his work during the Brood saga is much, much better.

Carol during her time with the X-Men was the most likeable she's ever been. She was so chill and cool back then Rogue making her go REEEEEEEEEEE aside
I never liked her as much as I did during this run.

Attached: RCO036_1469331471.jpg (1041x1600, 571.36K)

Frank Cho

Try Claremont's Ms. Marvel too, especially after she learns who she is around 9

Storm is one of the best character either of the big two has ever to offer

Attached: Cool Storm .jpg (938x741, 309.85K)

New Mutants by Claremont is maybe even better. Demon Bear, Legion and Asgardian Sagas are all fucking killer

Cockrums art is far more dynamic than Byrne. Byrne does better facial expressions. But the reason Claremont did so much space stuff for Cockrum is because he was such a good designer and could just do it on the fly so well. I just like Cockrum more

Storm was amazing and her Life Death stories were some of the best of all X-men stories. But God damn did marvel drom the ball of her and just hand her off to Wakanda as a side dish

>This is so goddamn good, fuck that guy who told me it was too dated to read nowadays.

The people who told you it's dated are in denial and haven't realized a lot of comics from the last 20 years aged way worse than Claremont's X-Men

I've read the first 7 issuest of NM and it's pretty good, though whether it's better than UXM remains to be seen.
Whatever, Smith is the GOAT anyway.

I totally agree