IDW Sonic Ride - Storytime #6: Tangle & Whisper miniseries

When IDW first introduced Tangle and Whisper in the build up to their respective issues, they ended up taking the fandom by storm, so IDW opted to capitalize on their success by making a miniseries teaming the two up together. Released roughly during the same time frame as issues 19-23 and chronologically taking place between issues 16 and 17, this miniseries is fairly standalone and has nothing to do with the Metal Virus stuff.

Pastebin (contains links to archived threads): pastebin.com/MBiqDAcg
Password: FZ9TmThMwK
Previous Thread:

Attached: EEoNgCTXsAcF6Zn.jpg (2224x1636, 620.56K)

Rough and Tumble miniseries when?

Lesbian time

>Make a miniseries to endear people to your two new OC
>It does not accomplish that

A few months before the mini started we got a free mini "preview" issue, basically a Free Comic Book Day issue except not actually affiliated with the event for some weird reason. I'm not gonna storytime it because all it had was pages 2-5 of issue 1 (notably actually made a few months before the rest of the issue for this preview) and the first recap written by editor David Mariotte that cobbles together art from pre existing issues

Attached: Sonic - Tangle & Whisper 000-000.jpg (1987x3056, 971.95K)

Total bullshit these shitty dykes got a miniseries before the main characters.

probably the most notable thing about issue 0 is that there was a variant cover made for it (presumably for some sort of similar situation as Jon Gray's issue 1 cover, given the Spencers logo) that never got released

Attached: T%26W0Variant.jpg (1000x1520, 369.79K)

Attached: Sonic the Hedgehog - Tangle & Whisper 001-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.01M)

THE RIDE CONTINUES LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Love the pic btw, op, kek.

That chest tuft spilling out of her tank top is pretty hot.

I find it so amusing how Tangle and Whisper were super popular right out of the gate. I chalk it up to them being well designed in terms of both visual and personality. Which is ideal, because that's why any popular character should be popular.

>IDW opted to capitalize on their success
Nice to know someone in charge has a functioning brain.

Ah yes, the miniseries for the most "beloved" characters in IDW Sonic.

That thing cost me over 1000 dollars.

unlike the main book, which has Fourdraine consistently do the RI covers, this miniseries opts instead to have her on the B covers

Attached: Tangle%26Whisper1CoverB.jpg (1135x1722, 383.93K)

I don't like these two very much I'm gonna be honest but let's gooooo.

Let’s be real, they got super popular because they’re girls.

Being a girl is awesome.

Tangle won me over during the metal virus arc.

Script: Flynn
Art: Stanley
Colors: Herms (issue 1) and Ito (issues 2-4)

Attached: Sonic the Hedgehog - Tangle & Whisper 001-001.jpg (1000x1538, 387.34K)

I honestly like Tangle's personality. Cheerful, supportive, enthusiastic hero might not be original but I love it all the same.

Attached: 1.jpg (1988x3056, 1.13M)

I see the appeal with Tangle but characters like Whisper really get on my nerves personally. Just feels like I've seen it a dozen times and they never really evolve.

Yeah, cute girls with strongly defined personalities. Ain't rocket science.

Attached: 2_3.jpg (3976x3056, 3.32M)

Let's be honest here, Jewel is the best out of these three.

I agree completely.