I just saw Lightyear, ask me anything

Quite possibly one of the weakest movies Pixar has ever made. And I was so excited, I’m obviously a Toy Story and Pixar fan considering I paid extra to see it early today for the “Andy Experience”

Let me just get some things out of the way. I don’t want to engage with fucking autists that argue about the “canon” of this Buzz vs the cartoon Buzz vs the video game Buzz vs the Toy Story Saga Buzz’s backstory.

Second, one character that isn’t that prominent has a Lesbian relationship and that’s it. It’s barely in the movie.

Now that we got the talking points out of the way, the movie sucked because it was BORING and GENERIC

it has quite possibly the most predictable, generic, and cliche plot line I’ve ever seen in an animated movie. The side characters are the laziest, most pathetically cliche personalities I’ve ever seen with absolutely no depth. The sad part is there’s only 4-5 prominent characters, Buzz and his squad.

The movie has very kiddy messaging about “work together if you want to succeed”. No depth

The villain was one-note and boring and evil for the sake of being evil. And he’s defeated in a lame, anticlimactic way. I thought there’s no possible fucking way this is the end. But then the movie just yadda yadda’s a bunch of shit and then it just ends.

The humor is the same generic kind of quips and yelling we’ve come to expect from modern Pixar.

The ONLY thing that I’ll give the movie credit for is that it has a slightly advanced science-fiction concept in it. However, it just makes the movie worse because there’s untold potential with such a storyline and it just goes for the boring, easy, generic, nonsensical storytelling.

Fuck Pixar, and fuck this movie. At least it doesn’t do anything to tarnish the original trilogy

Attached: 46F91247-402D-45FF-AC5D-09F32FC4200A.jpg (2757x2845, 2.45M)

At least it’s better then Toy Story 4 which is the worst film Pixar ever made

Did anyone walk out the theater during the lesbian scene?

>Second, one character that isn’t that prominent has a Lesbian relationship and that’s it. It’s barely in the movie.
Like always, the mouse doesn't have the balls to fully embrace queer culture in their international shitflicks

Attached: 1 minute of screentime with hundreds of raging journos.jpg (1621x1215, 400.67K)

A chud did.

Based CHAD walking out on Pixar’s 2nd worst film yet

I only care for Zorg, everyone else can fuck itself.

Ah yes, Kruel King Zorg, Lord of the Cosmic Kingdom

I know that top picture is just a goofy mock-up and isn't indicative of what it looked like when Andy actually saw the movie; but it's amusing that it depicts Andy as seeing it without his mom when he's like 10, but also being an asshole who lugs toys around and has them occupy 5 seats, including the one he's sitting in, and then also wears a big-ass hat throughout the film.

If you want non-spoilers, he’s absolutely a pathetic and neutered villain. At the very least I thought I could expect cool sci-fi action like the first Incredibles, but absolutely nothing of the sort. I literally cannot even remember the final action scene, it’s just generic and lasts for like one minute before Buzz takes him out in an anticlimactic way. He also doesn’t show up until halfway through the movie, is the recipient of dumb out-of-place zoomer humor, and his motivations are pretty nonsensical

I still dont get why buzz still looks more or less the same but zerg is literally just a head on a generic robot body. At least give the dude his fucking villain cape.

Is Zurg Buzz's father?

Attached: 93c9bcc54ec348d831859bdf174d5fb4.jpg (600x596, 71.94K)

All I care about is the cat robot. Is he a good boy?

From a certain point of view.
No.
Zurg is Buzz from the future trying prevent the events of the movie.

What was even the point if they weren't going to make Zurg his father?

If anyone gives a shit about spoilers:

Zurg is a Buzz Lightyear from a different timeline that is trying to go back to the past because he is autistic about his failure from the beginning of the movie. This is a potentially interesting idea, but the movie squashed it by having him have no meaningful interactions with ANY character (including the granddaughter of his friend). Also, he is revealed as a bad guy within like 30 seconds. And his motivations are retarded

I don’t care for spoilers, it’s nu-Pixar, I already expect the worst, specially when they turned a children’s space commander Cartoon in a cheap Halo rehash.

Look above in the post then, I censored it. Also, I’m on mobile now and I’m not going to bother with spoiler tagging it from this post on

This movie could have been really cool. Sucks they did such a shitty thing with Zurg. Should have been his dad.

I hate nu-Andy’s design so much. Such an unnecessary redesign just for the sake of being different. Not my Andy.

Also, sorry to hear it left you feeling so empty. Personally, I stopped seeing every Disney and Pixar film unless it really catches my eye, and Lightyear never convinced me it wasn’t going to be a generic sci-fi story without a twist to it beyond IP. I did find it amusing to see it had the same Metacritic score as Cars 2 & 3.

>Zurg is Buzz from the future trying prevent the events of the movie

Based Zurg. He must be a staff self insert

>Pretend like they're doing something different with the Toy Story IP
>Still have Andy and his toys in the movie for maximum
nostalgia
god damn it

>At least it doesn’t do anything to tarnish the original trilogy
That's what Toy Story 4 was for.

I feel genuinely ripped off. It’s rare for a Disney movie to drop the ball in almost every aspect. This film barely has any characters at all and yet none of them, including Buzz are interesting or fleshed out.

At the very least, I thought I’d get interesting visuals, especially with the outer space theme. But no interesting visuals, cinematography, nothing.

The score? Completely forgettable

The action? BEYOND forgettable, which is what I was most surprised about. Christ, the REGULAR toy story movies has better action than a fucking sci-fi “epic”

So wait, is Zurg some guy in a suit or did the future somehow tun him into a robot?

any camrips yet?

Is there a cameo/post credits scene featuring Andy and the toys watching the movie on the theater or whatever?

The storyline doesn’t actually make much sense. But what the movie was going for, was that Zurg is a Buzz from the future. He is in the future, steals a fancy ship and fancy robot suit, but for some reason can only go slightly in the past, so he needs to steal this mythical fuel (why can’t he just make more, he’s from the fucking future), so he can go even FURTHER back in time, so he can undo this future he’s created where everyone is left alive on a planet

No. There are three after -credits sequences.

The first one is a stupid waste of time, of a random non-character saying his catchphrase involving some stupid technology he’s proud of. It’s definitely their attempt to create some meme line. “LOL LASER DOME”

The second post credits is a random robot character from before still trying to figure out the directions to reach a destination. Just a regular gag, probably the best joke in the film.

The third scene is Zurg floating in space, and his eyes light up again indicating he isn’t dead after all

That is so lame.

So you're saying the animated movie+show is still the best Buzz Lightyear anything, gotcha.