Underrated Spider-Man Villains

Which are spider-man villains you'd say are underrated?

Attached: spider-man-villains-fan-casting-poster-41491-medium.jpg (426x600, 144.55K)

An obscure one from the 2000s named Marvel Editorial.

Attached: Jacob_Nash_(Earth-616)_from_Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_2_40_001.jpg (345x600, 193.38K)

His writers.

the spot.

Venom, his weakness sucks.
Hobgoblin because he looks cool

Chameleon

fpbp

I was going to post this as well. Anyone who is assigned to write Spider-Man long-term gets vilified eventually and with reason.

Yeah, he really hasn't been all that relevant as a major Spider-Man villain since DeMatteis' run on Spectacular post-Clone Saga. Even Chameleon Conspiracy wasn't really about him, it was about Fixer and Teresa.

The Finisher, I mean, not Fixer. In fact, Chameleon Conspiracy potentially watered down Chameleon by turning him into one of many. I guess the problem is that at his best he's more based around his wit and the psychological damage he can do which makes him perfect for writers like DeMatteis and even Conway, less so for most other writers.

OP here, that made me kek.
Venom really worked best as a villain and Roddy is great. But neither is underrated are they.
Solid choice.
In general trought spidey history he wasnt that big a deal outside of a brief spot in the 90s and with jenkins, outside of that he's just kind of a less versatile mytsterio.

I quite enjoy Chance and The Foreigner from the 80s stuff

Huh, never heard anyone liking foreigner before, intresting.

He's not my favourite by any means but I enjoyed the stories he was a part of

That's totally fair, just a surprising pick.

If i had to say one i'd probably lean on Black Tarantula, he's by far the coolest of the tarantula characters.

Chance is really awesome and I was glad Spencer used him so much in his run. He doesn't need to be a major villain but his gambling addict persona and all of his jobs basically being him betting on himself and generally being a graceful loser because that's just what happens when you take a risk makes for a pretty fun C-list guy.

Actually, that's part of the reason I like Joystick too. Thrill seeker villains are just fun.

Attached: 9456230567.jpg (400x323, 69.47K)

She's cool!

I think both Weisman and Slott had a great idea of teaming up Chameleon and Mysterio. Thesw 2 are kinda great for each other. Their banter was also great. Shame they stopped with it and then Spencer decided to go for "Woe is me" Mysterio which also worked for one story. But everybody always ignores that one story also implies that Mysterio is borderline another personality and not just an act.
Also, question: is Mysterio underrated? He is regularly and had some classic stories, but many people can't get over fishbowl.

Based, also Fusion

Attached: E52D8F8E-0E41-4AA2-906B-CA6E23B2B4F8.jpg (400x627, 56.85K)

Well Weisman had it be something in their past, and cham only has one actual villain apperaence, being more a part in Norman's plan outside of that. Tying tinkerer with mysterio was clever too. Ill give slott credit in that he did give them good banter. Spencer's idea was just weird, even the webspinner's story didnt shy away from presenting beck as being dangerous, and by that point Beck had been complicit or masterminded awful stuff morally.

He has appeared in almost all major adaptations of the character, and gets a lot of to do, as well as a bunch of sucessors. I'd say he doesnt quite fit the bill. Do feel that if mysterio knew who spidey was then he'd be far higher on the totem pole.

The overshadowing by a bigger villain's abilities that happens with mysterio and chamaleon also happens with the goblins and vulture i'd say.