Is it weird that nobody really addressed that Marcy got a fucking lethal blow in front of them?

Is it weird that nobody really addressed that Marcy got a fucking lethal blow in front of them?

Sasha ollied out with Grime and we didn't hear shit about it.

Anne thought about it for one second, decided Marcy was somehow going to be alright, then immediately cared more about her phone having a signal. Then she spent a lot of time spinning her wheels and dicking around in happy filler episodes.

I guess they really didn't care.

Attached: FBRT3ClWYAct6C2.jpg (1200x1152, 125.01K)

>yfw Sprig's long dead parents got more mourning than Marcy.

Attached: laughporpoise.jpg (580x386, 189.91K)

Well they are actually fucking dead, which does mean that now Anne gets to hang/make out with them while waiting for her friends and family to die.

Now the 10 year thing is starting to make sense.

>There was an user arguing why this wouldn't be instantly lethal irl.
Never forget.

We don't even know if the afterlife is a thing.

I think the only times it gets a direct reference throughout the entire third season is showing it from Sasha's point of view in turning point and the joke they make about it in the episode they go back to Amphibia

"big shocking moment with surprisingly weak followup" seems to happen a lot in this show

Amphibia was the kind of show that liked to bring up serious beats, but was too focused on comedy to give them any weight.

It's like a Marvel movie where they have a genuinely weighty moment, only to ruin it with a joke.

i thought she lived, though? wasn't that confirmed later or smth?

>smth
I smthed you mother's anus

Are we finally at the stage where people can admit the show had a lot of flaws?

Something*

sorry that modern vernacular confuses you, user

As far as Sasha and Anne were concerned, she was dead.

Andrias brought her back with newt tech, but they didn't know about the healing pods. Any rational person would assume their friend just got bodied.

>Anne's reaction to Marcy getting brutally murdered in front of her is to yell her name once, then go "eh she's probably fine" and forget about her for the next three months
>has a stronger emotional reaction to Sprig falling out a window than his own family and it's what activates her big dumb anime powers
Makes you think

>expected Anne in a frantic panic after reaching Earth. Friends were in trouble. Army was defeated. Marcy stabbed. Have to get back as soon as possible.

>Anne has a moment of panic, then an avalanche of carefree slice-of-life episodes, with like 3 episodes that advance plot.

God, I was so ready for them to leave Earth.

Attached: 47c.jpg (816x640, 57.95K)

Wasn't half the issue here something like the korean art studio put the sword in the dead center of her chest out of laziness/incompetence despite it being a clear off-center lung hit in the storyboards?

Attached: 1633647591648.jpg (2244x1802, 306.67K)

I'm pretty sure without some extremely advanced medicine, that is also likely going to be a fatal hit.

>despite it being a clear off-center lung hit
Because getting a giant flaming sword through the lung wouldn't also be fatal

The difference is in "bleeding out on the floor for several minutes" versus "should be dead before she hits the ground" in terms of convincing the audience it's a terrible but barely survivable injury versus an instant kill.