Why has Stephen never done another show or got involved on anything else besides Spongebob...

Why has Stephen never done another show or got involved on anything else besides Spongebob? A lot of succesful animators get to work on the industry for years. He pretty much retired from it early on.

Attached: stephen-hillenburg.jpg (450x600, 61.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voices.washingtonpost.com/comic-riffs/2009/07/_tom_kenny_who_voices.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He worked on Rocko

He was just a marine biologist who got lucky

SpongeBob already exceeding at everything that there would be no point?

What do you want him to do?
Another show with fish people and constantly create cartoon after cartoon like Hartman?

Perhaps he was satisfied with what he achieved with Spongebob and had no olans for another series. Dude had other interests besides animation.

*plans

this and maybe he was afraid that if he did other thing it would look like extaclty like spongebob

You mean like what Butch Hartman and Dan Povenmire are doing now?

Attached: 5E4F2FD9-DC40-418B-A7E2-ED2D5D52A5AF.jpg (450x668, 75.33K)

How could he top Spongebob? How could he create a new cynical character that's not a lamer Squidward? How could he create a new idiot character that's not a lamer Patrick? He did great work on Rocko's Modern Life, learned a lot and then used those lessons to make 3 seasons and 2 movies for one of the best animated series ever. Then, much like Rocko's Modern Life, Spongebob became a jumping off points for many writers/artists who would later become showrunners themselves.

I remember him mentioning that he had 2 new animated shows on development but he never specified if it was for CN,Nick or Disney.

>And as a writer, you have to move on -- I'm developing new projects.
>voices.washingtonpost.com/comic-riffs/2009/07/_tom_kenny_who_voices.html

He had his story that he wanted to tell, and he told it, and he was satisfied and wanted to be done after the movie. Also, with how much of a private guy he was and how close he kept stuff to his vest, I'm assumin he wanted to instead spend more time with his family, long before any diagnosis of ALS.

He got a life and became a family man. Something which all the current mentally ill creators should consider doing.

That was the equivalent of George Lucas saying that he will continue to direct movies after Disney's purchase of Star Wars.

But George did. It's just that no one gave a shit

He was making bank on sponge royalties and fucked off. It’s what all creators should aspire to do.

Wish John K, Joe Murray and Butch Hartman would've taken that route, honestly. These guys peaked early too.

Are you retarded? He was basically Murray's #2 guy throughout Rocko's entire run.

He’s dead

>made animated short films while at CalArts
>was basically Joe Murray's right hand on Rocko, worked directly on various episodes and was the series' showrunner in season 4
>helped write on Derek Drymon's Diggs Tailwagger pilot for CN
>produced and directed a short movie called "Hollywood Blvd, USA"

retard

Funnily enough Patrick and Squidward are basically improved versions of Heffer and Mr. Bighead respectively.

>>>produced and directed a short movie called "Hollywood Blvd, USA"
Where can I watch this? I looked it up but Google isn't helping.