Did you ever expect the DCEU to become the hot mess that it currently is when it was announced almost a decade ago

did you ever expect the DCEU to become the hot mess that it currently is when it was announced almost a decade ago

Attached: the-dc-extended-universe-fan-casting-poster-64383-medium.jpg (426x600, 12.87K)

They picked Zack Snyder. It was always going to be messy.

>Superman
>Superman/Batman
>Justice League
>The Flash, Aquaman, etc.
Yes. What a weird build up to solo movies.

When BvS released, yes.

I liked Man of Steel but the following ones by Snyder sucked major cock.

No, I actually thought the guy who directed and produced Sucker Punch would do a good job.

This movie is absolutely cursed

Attached: file.png (789x570, 419.46K)

I believed in it for the first scene of BvS. Seeing the climax of Man of Steel from Batman's perspective felt like they were putting the shared universe first and setting the DCEU apart from the MCU by being fully formed, with Batman and Wonder Woman etc. already living here, reacting to the introduction of Superman, and sparing us 100+ origin stories like Marvel has.

But throughout that movie it became apparent that Snyder was always going to put violent spectacle above characters, and we'd never get an actual story worth telling.

Snyder was always clear on how he wanted to copy Michael Bay Transformers and hated the concept of shared universe since he would be forced to share control with other directors.

Ezra is really putting the old Hollywood cabal to the test, isn't he? How much longer can they cover for him?

I expected it to just die, not to become three separate entities

The crazy thing is how Snyder Cultists are still defending him.

Show? I enjoy laughing at others' misfortunes.

They're not covering for him, they just don't wanna shelve a mostly finished 200 million dollar movie and they can't replace him in CGI/editing because he's the main character AND the main villain

OP said when it was announced, not when BVS released.

Which is weird, because I honestly think some instincts, either his or Goyer's, were right.

Like setting Batman's intro during the Superman climax, or even the Martha scene, while poorly executed, is doing worldbuilding based on quirks of continuity and overlapping character shit. It's a good idea, just done dogshit.

>felt like they were putting the shared universe first and setting the DCEU apart from the MCU by being fully formed
Fucking yes, this and this trailer for Suicide Squad made me think the DCEU was going to be comic booky yet super dark and Alan Moore-ish and i was down for it

more importantly i was down for every hero to be given the Batfleck treatment effectively dropping us into "act 3" of this universe. All the heroes are fully formed and then they form as justice league to combat big threat like darkseid

>Alan Moore-ish
>from the director who missed the whole point of Watchmen

No one could have predicted it would get this bad

They should just restore the Snyder verse.

Attached: CA66E6DF-5B21-407D-900F-2FFA6F0B7E1B.jpg (720x714, 143.48K)

>2 white people
too much

>hire Zack Snyder
>Zack Snyder hire only highly problematic and/or unskilled actors to be the heroes
>WB want to copy the MCU while Zack Snyder want to copy Transformers
>Zack Snyder claims he must "fix" the characters that are "broken"