ITT: Characters only you like

ITT: Characters only you like

Attached: file.png (800x800, 72.2K)

How hated was Scrappy actually? I know nowadays "Everyone hates Scrappy" is this commonly accepted thing, but the fact that they kept bringing him back for spinoffs shows makes me wonder if he was at least tolerated during his time.

Based Scrappy Chad.

I know my Dad hates him and he would have been a kid during his heyday.
Mom loves him though.

Scrappy was as bad as the writers. People forget that Scrappy saved Scooby from cancellation to begin with. And he wasn't bad in 13 Ghosts, all his bad traits just transferred over to Flim flam. And it was bullshit that they brought Flim Flam back, but not Scrappy too in the recent movie.

Attached: 1649984408630.jpg (346x360, 19.14K)

We need a new show or movie that plays Scrappy straight and redeems his character to the masses.

>He was created to save the show's ratings which by 1979 had begun to sink to the point of cancellation threats from ABC, who were considering choosing between Scooby-Doo and an unnamed pilot from Ruby-Spears Enterprises which Mark Evanier had also written.

funny thing that, apparently he saved the show.

When you really think about it, while scrappy did save scooby doo, he’s kind of ruined pop culture as a whole, or more accurately, his date did. His hate in the 90s almost feels like a mirror to what we see with most pop culture today, constantly making fun of it and not acknowledging anything it could do. This only got worse with the james gunn scooby doo movie as it took a character who saved the franchise and made him out to be the villain. Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers is arguably the culmination of everything meta cynical era of pop culture where everything needs to be flipped to go against people’s expectation whether its a good or bad change and nothing can be taken seriously because god forbid something was played straight. Even the villain of chip and dale mirrors that old scooby doo movie with it being a recognizable character made evil because “lol thats not what you were expecting was it”.

Fuck, I meant his hate, not his date

I hope your father divorces her.

I really think if they just made Scrappy have an actual kid voice actor and had him sometimes act like a kid/puppy it'd be a nice difference from the rest of Mystery Inc. He easily could have inherited the "usually kidnapped" role since apparently modern creatives and executives really want to take that away from Daphne and it both cuts out Scrappy from potentially breaking the villain by not being afraid of them and also easily explain why he's kidnapped (he's a puppy, liable to wander off, and likely would get too close to the villain to get away scot free).

Jar Jar Binks is a great character and I'm tired of pretending he's not.

Oldfag here

Kids just above toddler age liked Scrappy because he was supposed to be who they identified with but older kids hated him because he reminded them of their annoying younger siblings.

He may have been the most stupidly arrogant character in Saturday morning history always trying to fight the ghosts/monsters and putting the other characters in danger trying to save him and he never changed. Also it killed the whole vibe of the show, why should the viewer be invested in the ghost/monster if this little shit never took them seriously?

they divorced when I was like 6, though she left him because he couldn't stop drinking

I love Brie as Capt Marvel

His trait of drastically overestimating his own abilities and causing trouble for the protagonists without ever learning from his mistakes seems to earn him a lot of ire from modern fans. Producers and writers from back in the day claim that he wasn't hated back then, though, and that he actually drew big ratings. Go figure, I guess.

Scrappy's great. It's just Mystery Inc fags who hate him.

Scrappy was good with the whole group, in the cartoon movies and 13 Ghosts.

He was annoying in the cartoon when it was just him, Shaggy and Scooby(which is weird because he wasn't annoying in the cartoon movies)

Scrappy hate was a thing way before mystery Inc. Tim carry was offer the role of scrappy in the 2000 film. But turned it down because he hated him personally.

she was really good... in paper. but she was not that bad neither

Attached: fbd.png (1400x1000, 854.81K)

imagine pennywise killing scrappy, that would be cool