China, IL

China, IL

Attached: China, IL.png (1920x1080, 918.2K)

China, Israel?

there's not enough pony fan art :(

I teach at uni and I can confirm all your teachers are massive drug users and play favorites with students. So much shit goes on that most students don't even realize.

It's actually pretty apparent by now.
I feel some disdain toward you.

Did anyone actually track down the pilot mentioned in the last thread?

We should probably have an energy policy...so you don't die...
Wouldn't... wouldn't want that...

You shouldn't. For the most part we are actually on your side, but it's the higher up in administration that truly don't give any fucks about students or their problems. The only times your conerns come up is if it actively affects retention rates. If it doesn't, then fuck em.

*Deep breath*

>pads runtime with shoe-horned, shitty song

Attached: 1567889388859.jpg (756x748, 62.48K)

Oh wow, the ingenuity of your PhD shone through your post, through the entire dirty underbelly of the internet, and right into my eyeballs. You've changed me because you're just that amazing.
I'm being an asshole. I'm not even arguing for or against anything. Just brittle. Y'know what our energy policy is gonna say? It's gonna mandate that we throw 100,000 endangered seal cubs right into wood chippers for no reason at all. Actually the reason is you're in the faculty lounge living your stupid fucking life.

how do shows like this and Trailer Park Boys potray their settings as obviously shitty and trashy, but still comfy like you wanna live it yourself?

>you're in the faculty lounge living your stupid fucking life.
Lol this is how I know you're a child. You think your professors get a lounge. We're lucky to get our own fucking cubicle that we end up sharing with someone else.

You got that right

Attached: 1630328579171.png (2894x922, 1.5M)

You're the pinnacle of human development and I'm gonna push a baby seals into a wood chipper followed by my hands.

No, ha ha. Words. String them together. Look at you go.

50% of academia is superfluous at this point. It's a fucking racket.

Cartoon settings tend to feel idealized and more inviting than the real world. Even the ones designed to be ugly. There are details the artists can omit or even reimagine to look cuter or simply more interesting. What's your take on Beavis and Butt-Head's setting?

Attached: burgers.jpg (1200x857, 144.15K)

>Well there's something I've been meaning to tell you, 'bout the college at the edge of the town...
>No one should ever go there, 'know it's bad-bad-bad
>It gets worse every school-year, but man the freaking teachers are rad.

Yeah yeah yeeeeah yeeeeeahhhh…

Attached: baby.jpg (1280x720, 57.17K)

You're not really wrong which is a fucking travesty. You either get a professor that actively challenges their class to think, or you get a professor that uses a class to stroke their own ego and foster their own little group of disciples. It really is a crapshoot who you get (especially considering in 90% of circumstances there isn't a single fucking person checking your content). Before the semester, your department chair tells you to teach a class (let's say Behavioral Statistics), but beyond that it's entirely in your hands. No one checks your book, or your tests, or your assignments, or your lectures, or fucking ANY of it. You're literally left of the leash and told to make a quality class with absolutely ZERO fucking oversight. It's a bit much for people to handle and as a result a lot of their ego and sense of self makes it into their fucked up lectures.

Smartest student I ever came across was when I was teaching at community college. Without a doubt most capable student I ever encountered. Definitely smarter than me. The only reason that class wasn't a waste for him was because I have like a decacde of practical experience seeing a bunch of the stuff in the textbook "taken to task" so I was able to provide a more nuanced perspective than he was getting out of his textbook. I actually asked him to stay after class because I wanted him to keep asking those insane questions in class because it was an indicator he was thinking. He was worried at first which killed me but thankfully he got more confident. That boy better have gotten a PhD or I'm going to be fucking pissed.

Pony was where I first fell in love with Greta Gerwig

Finance is pretty interesting. Feels like I've killed enough uh, procrastination demons to finally approach it.
Any Forums likes to work on an SU AU called "Stella and the Metal Men." There's a character within that AU called Gold, I think. He seems to be an emperor/conqueror figure who fancies himself an artist. He deeply values art. Right now it seems like fans basically depict him as collecting pretty trinkets left over from the societies he dominates and destroys.
But I think if you were such a powerful art lover, you'd create, not demolish. If an emperor wants beauty, he has to create stability and abundance to support a class of artisans. That's how an emperor creates.

*not enough Sammy art

Attached: Sammy Davis timeline.png (747x2753, 1.14M)