ITT: Types of stories that don't work in an established shared universe

Pic related would be a fine premise for an original setting about how gods are formed by the beliefs of mortals, but it doesn't work with what has been established in the Marvel Universe for decades and you can't expect future Thor or Avengers writers to care what about the lore some ancilliary X-Book tried to make about gods.

Attached: Legion of X gods.jpg (1988x3056, 762.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

syfy.com/syfy-wire/x-of-swords-creation-exclusive-preview-tini-howard
diecomic.com/teaser/
kierongillen.itch.io/die-beta/devlog/287375/what-you-need-to-play-die-beta
cbr.com/marvels-multiverse-rpg-breaks-down-its-iconic-d616-system/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Something MANY people forget is: that image is a IN-UNIVERSE explanation from a character with LIMITED knowledge.

WE readers know much more stuff than Doctor Nemesis.

It's because their adding Gillien's wank about Gods from his Wicked & Divine works. It doesn't work for Marvel but they're hoping that adding his bullshit to the world will turn a profit since he made decent money with his indie comic DIE (D&D2e Isekai but Edgy & Sad) and it's TTRPG Kickstarter. Tini Howard has admitted she's writing X-Men like they're a D&D Critical Role group along with Disney pushing their notGURPS Marvel D616 TTRPG, so it's come full circle.
>TL;DR
They're trying to make X-Men/Marvel work like Mainstream D&D and it shows. The X-Men don't act like themselves but instead are just Splats given to wannabee writers LARPing as them.

I'm starting to get fully convinced that it's a British writers thing specifically: Gaiman, Carey, Moore, Spurrier, Morrison, Milligan all played a lot with the tools in the post-linguistic turn playground about reality being ultimately shaped by belief and how any object of religious worship is in fact determined by humanity's expectations.

This reads like a dollar store version of an scp, Which is impressive considering most scps are dollar store versions of themselves

so the graph explain that human create gods or something i mean like the more people believe on some entity/deity the universe will made it into reality?

also, Pratchett did this as well in Discworld books like Smallgods

>Gillen and Ellis too
Did we uncover a British conspiracy? What are they trying to achieve?

Wasn't Ellis the one who first proposed that the Asgardians aren't really gods but just advanced aliens that humans thought were gods?

Attached: Thor ancient aliens.jpg (1600x1228, 414.88K)

no, that was Kirby

[Citation Needed]

Why can't they be aliens who are gods?

>He's still screaming about this

Attached: 1504621001394.jpg (210x195, 6.47K)

On /tg/ too but at least they're semi on topic over there

Says a lot about OP and his faith if this is enough to offend him

What issue?

Any story where a character who lives in New York is angry that their insurance doesn't cover superhero battles. There is no way that in a city that has been trashed by aliens and monsters every other week there would be people who would buy insurance that didn't cover that. Not to mention all the times writers forget that Damage Control exists.

Attached: Vote Fisk because fuck heroes for stopping villains.jpg (1600x1270, 479.87K)

Not that user but this is untrue. They're treated as legit gods throughout the Kirby run.

Attached: 20220611_185457.jpg (263x639, 64.75K)

>"It might sound silly, but a very simple desire from my earliest Excalibur concepts was that I wanted a book about fantasy and magic. And I was thrilled when we decided to do this Excalibur-heavy, sword-flavored linewide event — it felt like a canonization of the work I'd been doing on Excalibur," Howard said. "I'm very careful about my storytelling; this is a book about Krakoan magic more than it's about the fun of 'what if the X-Men played D&D,' but the 'X-Men playing D&D' part of it is really fun, and I'm consistently thrilled to see X-Men characters with swords and goblets, alongside dragons and things. It's really unexpected, but so fun. These are fantastic heroes and they do fantastic things. Yes, it is super rad to see the X-Men with swords. Thank you all for understanding that."
Tini Howard's Interview on Excalibur in 2020 with SYFY
syfy.com/syfy-wire/x-of-swords-creation-exclusive-preview-tini-howard
>This is a classical question to answer in
an RPG manual. In the modern age, if
you don’t know, I’d suggest just
googling something like Critical Role and
watching for a few minutes. That. That’s
a role-playing game.
>For the majority of the play time, DIE
mostly operates like a D&D model game.
Players state what they want their
characters to do. The GM generally says
what happens. For character actions
which are uncertain, the mechanics are
used to ascertain the success or failure
of that action.
>There are some exceptions to the
above, but we'll hold your hand through
them. We love you. We will not abandon
you.
Gillien's DIE Comic Book & TTRPG Page Primers
diecomic.com/teaser/
kierongillen.itch.io/die-beta/devlog/287375/what-you-need-to-play-die-beta
>"Action checks in what Marvel is officially calling the "d616" system operate differently than they would in comparable RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons."
cbr.com/marvels-multiverse-rpg-breaks-down-its-iconic-d616-system/
>TL;DR
Eat Shit

Attached: 4YOU.jpg (599x657, 80.18K)

>Every ninety years, twelve gods incarnate as humans. They are loved. They are hated. In two years, they are dead. The team behind critically thermonuclear floor-fillers Young Avengers and PHONOGRAM reunite to start a new ongoing superhero fantasy. Welcome to THE WICKED + THE DIVINE, where gods are the ultimate pop stars. But remember: just because you’re immortal, doesn’t mean you’re going to live forever.
Bonus Round for Gillien's Wicked & Divine Primer
Geez Immortal Supes acting like Vapid Debutantes where their shit don't stink and where death is a fucking joke because it's all the same shit in the end? Now what's so Uncanny about that?

Attached: Same Shit Different Dumbasses.jpg (1779x2700, 348.63K)

I think this only works when its done like how its done in the Nasuverse: the only reason Gods need faith/worship is because someone one destroyed there real bodies

Attached: 1.jpg (1929x1929, 3.22M)

So does this mean at some point they are going to try and kill TOAA?