What capeshit deconstruction or parody would actually be clever or at least fresh?

When are we getting material that's not
> All the supers are assholes
> Supes is evil
> le joke who talks to fish

One subversion I can see having potential is having a strike at the successor shit, by portraying the new generation of heroes as a bunch of hacks who take the title of the guys before them more with little to no care for their legacy, while having none of their skills or principles, simply because they care about fame and can't be assed to build a name of their own.

Attached: the-boys-homelander.jpg (2028x1140, 229.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_djxH-q0e48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>One subversion I can see having potential is having a strike at the successor shit, by portraying the new generation of heroes as a bunch of hacks who take the title of the guys before them more with little to no care for their legacy, while having none of their skills or principles, simply because they care about fame and can't be assed to build a name of their own.

Attached: 2229686.jpg (600x929, 156.05K)

>One subversion I can see having potential is having a strike at the successor shit, by portraying the new generation of heroes as a bunch of hacks who take the title of the guys before them more with little to no care for their legacy, while having none of their skills or principles, simply because they care about fame and can't be assed to build a name of their own.
That's the exact plot and premise of the Mark Millar netflix super hero show and it sucked.

Attached: MESB.png (807x539, 858.8K)

Attached: Screenshot (431).png (561x378, 209.94K)

Superheroes but they are actually upstanding citizens both in and out of costume and not reckless shitheads constantly making things worse

> One subversion I can see having potential is having a strike at the successor shit, by portraying the new generation of heroes as a bunch of hacks who take the title of the guys before them more with little to no care for their legacy, while having none of their skills or principles, simply because they care about fame and can't be assed to build a name of their own.
That’s just "all supes are assholes" as well

Unironically Invincible

>What capeshit deconstruction or parody would actually be clever or at least fresh?
No. It's time to stop.

An ironic subversion of the trope would be to tell a wholesome and sincere super hero story with clear heroes and villains that doesn't have the tension killing comedy quips of MCU films. A wholesome super hero film that told a sincere and positive story and wasn't full of pop culture references would really blow people's minds in 2022 as a breath of fresh air.

It has pretty standard superhero "comedy" but otherwise you're describing Shazam

That's why you pit them against their predecessors and new heroes who actually want to do good, to show it's not so much about supes themselves but society, medias and generations evolve.

No. Shazam is too dark. The parts where kid Billy almost gets drowned and where his mom straight up abandoned him are too dark for the tone we are looking for with this project. Also there are too many witty tension breaking quips from the Shazam family and cripple kid that makes things lean too MCU.

I feel like some serious darkness and hardship is what gives the hero's positivity value, or else they're just living in a fantasy that can't really be equated to the audiences' lives. It would come off just as insincere as any other super-schlock, just in a different way.

Do the opposite; legacy heroes who need to struggle with their mentors being incompetent or straight up assholes.

>I feel like some serious darkness and hardship is what gives the hero's positivity value, or else they're just living in a fantasy that can't really be equated to the audiences' lives. It would come off just as insincere as any other super-schlock, just in a different way.
1940s Superman cartoons are the tone I'm going for. Pure wholesome hero with no dark undertones or subversions fighting a baddy. It worked back then and it would work today.
youtube.com/watch?v=_djxH-q0e48

>the supervillain is a major victim of circumstance
>his actions are still unjustifiable, and he makes no excuses for them
>incredibly insightful and not-so-secretly miserable
>actually likes the hero that opposes him

>Do the opposite; legacy heroes who need to struggle with their mentors being incompetent or straight up assholes.
that's every Disney movie of the clever snot nosed kids knowing more than their old mentors and parents, like Encanto for example.

You just described both Megamind and the Joker.

That's so crazy it just might work!
I like the whole PR thing The Boys does, but I'd rather it were filtered through real superheroes and not assholes

Not really and jesus fucking christ no.

Boko No Hero Academia

I think it needs to be a balance really. Superheroes would be like athletes in the real world a few good fellows and the rests dumb meatheads and fuckups.

A comic that takes place in a dark and gritty world like Watchmen or Spawn, but the main character is an Adam West styled silver age hero who beats everyone's asses with the power of silver age logic.

You'd get scenes of other superheroes using guns and knives to fight badguys while he's using gadgets straight out of an 80s toy commercial.

Because it works: Adults are stupid and incompetent and kids are the ones who get things done. You are marketing primarily to kids and manchildren who don't see themselves as old even if they are.

BNHA has a lot of potential. Shame it's a yearly high school shonen