I know next to nothing about dead space and i never played any of the games but i watched pic related a few nights back...

I know next to nothing about dead space and i never played any of the games but i watched pic related a few nights back and it was animation kino. One of the very few times ive seen 2D animation depict outright horror with no dark comedy bits in for levity. Why didnt they do more like this? I tried watching the other dead space cartoon movie but that was in a very ugly stormhawks like CGI so i dropped it five minutes in

Attached: 94354EA0-B122-44E1-BC47-7991DFC5AC73.jpg (960x1440, 242.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HN5Kwv0Fb6k&ab_channel=Kayael
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That era was the peak of grimdark straight to DVD animated tie-ins;

>Dead Space: Downfall
>Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury
>Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic
>Van Helsing: The London Assignment
>Halo Legends

Ive seen the van helsing tie in animated movie and it was cool since i loved that movies iteration of mr hyde and that film was primarily about him. Ive only just seen pitch black last week so i need to still watch that riddick cartoon. Also is dantes inferno a video game series or something?

The Riddick one is awesome, Peter Chung of Aeon Flux fame directs it (with some guest animation by Rob Valley of Metalocalypse). And yeah Dante's Inferno is a game based on the novel, haven't played it but medieval hack n' slash affair from what I recall. Each stage of the Inferno has a different aesthetic apparently

Dead Space Downfall sucked, one of the main appeals of the original game was how mysterious the events were, if they wanted to make extended universe stories they should focus on Titan events.

Again i never played any of the games and i probably never will so i dont care about any of that, i enjoyed downfall for what it was a cool 2D action horror OVA

Did anyone read these?

Attached: 949817.jpg (600x927, 79.93K)

Watch the animated comic lads it's pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=HN5Kwv0Fb6k&ab_channel=Kayael

Attached: sample_ab74529f05902b197d83cf4f83105a69.jpg (850x1201, 1.1M)

I cant recommend enough that you should play Dead Space 1 and 2, even if you're not into video games they're both excellent.

Attached: Only the best fan art.png (531x700, 22.08K)

I'm playing Dead Space 1 again right now
I play it almost ever year I love it that much.

Attached: 1625493557111.jpg (3000x1818, 3.84M)

OP should wait to see if the Dead Space 1 remake will be good, it will be the same game but with modern graphics and Dead Space 2 gameplay mechanics.

Callisto Protocol is coming soon too that's what I'm excited for.

Attached: 1654211005810.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

>muh mystery box
Fuck off back to star wars

I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll be good and that we'll see some renewed interest in the Dead Space franchise if all goes well.

>Star Wars
>mystery
Bruh what? Star Wars never had any mystery nor much worldbuilding and the canon is full of retcons everywhere.

I tried reading Dead Space Salvage, most of the time I couldn't tell what the fuck I was looking at.

Hes referring to jar jar abrams and his obsession with le mystery box """storytelling""""

One of the things I think that works so great is the cranking of H.P lovecraft madness.

Also I find it funny that dead space had a variety of unique weapons, and for the movie they gave us a whole new iconic laser chainsaw.

The difference is that those "mysteries" are supposed to be solved in the next movie, DS1 events before the game are supposed to be ambiguous forever to increase immersion and make the horror more effective.

I wonder if Isaac would make a good hero in the DC universe.

Attached: 2684295-ds-isaac-clarke.jpg (768x960, 107.74K)

I'd like something similar to evil dead vs marvel zombies. Maybe suicide squad where the majority of the group will die and the justice league already necromorphs.