Cartoon Network is about to approach another dark age

worldscreen.com/tvkids/amy-friedman-talks-cartoonito-success-live-action-expansion
twitter.com/CNschedules/status/1534251365979013122

>Amy Friedman, head of kids and family programming at Warner Bros., on expanding CN beyond the boys 6-11 position it had in the past: "We’re trying to take that DNA that is so beautiful about Cartoon Network and turn it into a full-fledged family offering."

>On live-action content: "Girls often graduate out of animation. Some of our most incredible competitors have been at the live-action game for a long time. We know that’s what girls want." Expect single-cam and multi-cam comedies and dramas.

>"We’re trying to make sure that HBO Max is a place where girls find themselves," with stuff like live-action movies shorter than an hour (or "shmovies" as she says) like the recently picked up American Girl specials, as well as new shows like Degrassi.

>On Cartoonito: "Inviting an audience in and giving them beautiful, meaningful, educational, visually stunning musical fare is really important for the business, but it’s also important for the creative community."

>On reinventing old IPs: "[Our studios] know the rules, they know how to break the rules. They reinvent it because all of these libraries are so deep that you can do metaverse. You don’t have to stick to every single rule. So the metaverse is alive and breathing at our studios."

>"There’s an acronym that we use at Warner Bros. Discovery: HUM. History. Unity. Modernity. It is what we’re banking on to win."
"Acquisitions and co-pros are key. We would not be able to survive without them."

Attached: mush_mush_lead.jpg (1280x600, 269.15K)

Well it's a good thing I only watch CN for Adult Swim nowadays.

Explain how this will lead to a dark age because these words are meaningless to me.

>About to
its already in one. All it airs is TTGO and Craig of the Creek, one being obnoxious and the other being the most bland, safe and forgettable show i've ever seen

Attached: 1612566903631.png (976x1077, 850.88K)

Approach? Hopefully this is just the darkest before the dawn, we've been in the dark a long time.

Good, maybe you fucking faggots need to realize that animation needs to grow from toddler networks like Nick/Disney/CN to serious platforms to actually make good stuff again.
Stop ignoring animation that isn't on a children's network

>We’re trying to make sure that HBO Max is a place where girls find themselves," with stuff like live-action movies shorter than an hour (or "shmovies" as she says) like the recently picked up American Girl specials, as well as new shows like Degrassi

Oh god

Attached: pepe-rage.gif (498x387, 477.15K)

tl;dr they want to focus on making more live action content (specifically for girls) and will continue to push their preschool block as well as reboots n such

yeah I worded that wrong sorry

>dark age
Carrton Network Jr, while not ideal is already better than TTGO spam. I would rather see CN become a baby network than be what is was like a year ago.

Why do these mushrooms have bellybuttons?

It’s the worst case scenario Any Forums feared, they’re not only sticking with the ATAT plan despite being freed from their shackles, but also doubling down on it as well. There’s no saving CN this time

Attached: 97188A5E-974D-4EE2-BC44-BDEE591E85B6.gif (220x220, 564.08K)

>current year
>still watching television

Attached: 21E2F591-4CEF-4C43-922C-8A76A4D1457F.jpg (1274x729, 341.34K)

>>"We’re trying to make sure that HBO Max is a place where girls find themselves," with stuff like live-action movies shorter than an hour (or "shmovies" as she says) like the recently picked up American Girl specials, as well as new shows like Degrassi.
Shhh...listen...do you hear that? That's the sound of a lot of women in the animation industry screeching in rage.

You jokes but i hope bat shit SJW feministic outrage is actually the catalyst for cancelling these retarded executive decisions.

What cartoons are popular with girls?

Attached: -.png (587x290, 34.79K)

I get live laugh love magical healing crystal white woman vibes from this, what you can barley call a person. This is gonna fucking suck.

There was literally one in your post user
Because YJ was half action, half interpersonal drama, it had a decent chunk of its viewerbase be female, and it's speculated that it's one of the reasons for the show's original cancellation

Cartoons have been boring and lame and shitty for too long, it's become terminal.

>On live-action content: "Girls often graduate out of animation. Some of our most incredible competitors have been at the live-action game for a long time. We know that’s what girls want." Expect single-cam and multi-cam comedies and dramas.
LIES
TOTAL LIES
This is about live action shit being cheaper. They said the EXACT SAME THING about boys when they tried to justify live action a decade ago.

Why do they need to appeal to women so badly

Because they already lost boys to anime anyways so they're trying to double down on women.

>girl cartoons girl power girlboss girl girl girl
why is everyone shilling women so hard?

>Because they already lost boys to anime
They lost degenerates and paedophiles to anime. Not exactly the kind you want to be your audience. Boys who aren't blights on society still watch cartoons.