Are sidekicks basically child soldiers?

are sidekicks basically child soldiers?
have anyone in the comics ever called that out?

Attached: teen titans.jpg (1024x768, 105.54K)

Harley put an age restriction for her sidekicks.

Attached: 1649555254290.jpg (992x679, 330.81K)

Miller’s Batman approves of the usage of child soldiers.

Attached: ECADD049-09EF-4B9F-8F27-3BC7D62167B0.jpg (1041x1600, 473.49K)

sideckicks are cock sleeves, everyone always knew that

I'm struggling to find the page, but Batman was arguing with someone about the age of their sidekick, and they clapped back about him going through four Robins.

no that's crazy

Attached: 1625919995824.png (959x437, 750.02K)

It's a retarded analogy comparing sidekicks who have chosen that life of their own free will with child soldiers who've been forced into it. There's always some retard trying to push this hot take on why sidekicks are bad, but the comparison is stupid, and any actual point a writer wanted to make could be made by just calling out the adult heroes for endangering children.

I'm not so sure. Like if a teenager wanted to be a cop or a soldier or a fireman, you wouldn't just let them do it, right?

History's full of teens lying about their age to fight in wars of their own free will, but the "child soldiers" analogy is a term that specifically provokes ugly comparisons to third world warlords forcing children to fight for them, often kidnapped, drugged and brainwashed children. You can call Batman out for endangering children without making a stupidly edgy comparison that bears no resemblance to what he's actually doing, and we should think seriously about whether we actually want to get rid of genre tropes like sidekicks and teen heroes that have been a part of cape comics forever before we start having stories that try to attack and tear down the concept.

That's fair.

Attached: AACA1E35-D487-40FD-99A1-8B674B627B2B.jpg (1280x2017, 638.26K)

It was Wally. The coloring and Arsenal had me thinking it was Guy or Ollie in my head. Thanks!

Well superheroes really arent soldiers so not quite.

Best costumes on the sidekicks

They are meant to be fun self inserts for kids

But somehow it fells now they became self inserts for adults that wish Batman was their daddy

>now
>he doesn't want batdad

Attached: 1628601378828.jpg (963x1516, 261.03K)

Dc is out of control with their sidekick number

It's more like child army for army

Didn't Anole talk about it in X-men, followed by him leaving the xmen and punching out Northstar?

or perhaps a Children's Crusade

Attached: Young Avengers The Children's Crusade (2010) #1.jpg (988x1500, 455.27K)

Children are basically free labor
Builds character to have them go on death defying adventures and being outside

Attached: HDL Organizing cash.jpg (556x411, 74.21K)

Brat Pack is basically exploring the trauma and other things a teen face when realistically are put in a crime fighting career without going too edgy where it's comical. Other than that, I guess young justice, everyone who was a sidekick are miserable and have dysfunctional lives