How would you fix the Thor movies? Overall it’s a series of wasted potential

How would you fix the Thor movies? Overall it’s a series of wasted potential

Attached: 635D1265-C4DC-47F3-9EA6-EFC75A24DEB4.jpg (1135x1065, 238.74K)

In the immortal words of Walt Simonson:
>"One of the things I really got from the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby Marvel comics, and also the early Ditko Strange stories, was that you could do almost anything in a super-hero comic, as long as you kept a straight face. I was not a big fan of the old Batman TV series, partly because my feeling is that it was inviting you to laugh at the material for its stupidity, rather than sharing the joke with you. It's essentially a condescension to the material, inviting the viewer to think, "Well, we're all really much brighter than this, isn't this stupid? How amusing." That might be good for one laugh, but then you're done; you get the joke, so what's the point? Whereas in the super-hero stuff I liked, you can do the most absurd things, and if you keep a straight face, you and the audience can share the joke, but you're also still inside the story. As a storyteller, my interest is in sucking you in on page one, and spitting you out on page 22, and I really try not to do anything that will kick you out of the story somewhere in the middle. That being said, I also don't mind asking the reader to work a little."
I'm sure you can see why this style of storytelling couldn't fly in the MCU, though.

That’s kind of why I liked The Suicide Squad. Sure it had light hearted moments, but for the most part it treated Starro, Polka-Dot Man, and Peacemaker with a straight face. It’s surreal to us the viewer, but the norm for them

I like the Shakespearean tone of the original. A shame they fucked it up with Ragnarok's tonal whiplash.

Yep.

As the series went on it couldn’t decide between fantasy or sci fi. That and Asgard has decayed with each installment. Hell I don’t know if a realm is a planet, dimension, or section of space

Bring in these guys and not have them just in the background

Attached: Warriors_three.jpg (257x387, 29.29K)

MCU went like hey everyone loves Iron Manchild so let's make every single character act like him

>everyone loves Iron Manchild
Undeniably true.
>lets make everyone like him
Excepting Dr. Strange, this is false.

Is it possible to sue marvel for using Thor? I strongly feel that American usage of Scandinavian religion and folklore is an abomination that has to end. Replace him with Captain Cola or something.

No, because Disney owns the Thor copyright already

Sorry user, cultural appropriation is ok when you do it to white people.

I know I shouldn’t even reply but you can’t sue over public domain folklore

When are you finally going to appropriate some culture?

white people have no culture

kek

Wow you're blind

Thor is atleast getting some movies. Hulk and hank pym on other hand.

Lean into the fantasy vibes of the comics instead of having everyone roll their fucking smug little eyes at every attempt to be sincere. Be ballsy and actually allow Loki to be evil instead of turning him into a dindu woobie. Do something with The Warriors 3. Actually have Thor wind up with Sif like it was planned instead of saddling him with Jane “Self Insert For Women In The Audience” Foster. Don’t have Dark Elves be retarded aliens. Let Hela be Loki’s daughter (he’s been alive for centuries, he can have had a lover off screen). Actually use characters like Enchantress and Surtur instead of hybridizing them or reducing them to cameos and plot devices. Allow Thor to become the king he was meant to be instead of passing the mantle onto a suddenly invented and not accurate to anything Valkarie. No space alien shit. Use the 9 realms to your advantage instead of just passing them away.

Disney certainly tried though. Back when the Loki show was on they were copyright striking anything that had the word Loki in it even if it wasn’t specifically the marvel one.

You're a series of wasted potential