What was her year in the asylum like?

And when did she realize asylums would be a good place to recruit from?

Attached: Straightjacket Azula in a wheelchair.jpg (387x386, 154.44K)

>What was her year in the asylum like?
Probably a lot of biting hands that brought food to her and being able to dislocate her shoulder to get out of her strait jacket

>Probably a lot of biting hands that brought food to her and being able to dislocate her shoulder to get out of her strait jacket
How would you explain Azula not only keeping her strength but also becoming a better lighting generator?

Probably some molestation.
>t. yeeted into an asylum.

>Probably some molestation.
>>t. yeeted into an asylum.
Sorry for being intrusive, but is it possible if you could go into more detail about your time in an asylum?

Well, it depends on the place, I imagine, but in terms of where I was:
>Oversight is minimal, and there is no grouping of the ill by "degree" of insanity.
I got sent there under false pretenses from my dad who honestly is probably the actually mentally unwell one and molested me when I was a kid, but that's a story for another time. The point is, I was a pretty "normal" person, maybe just autistic in the internet sense, and got sent there, and I wasn't the only one that seemed perfectly normal, but we shared facilities with considerably more disturbed people.
>Staff absolutely dehumanize patients.
If you're there, you're "crazy". They don't have the time nor interest to really figure out what's going on with you as an individual the same way prison guards don't. If you're suspected of having something you shouldn't, your clothes are coming off. You can either do it yourself or get indignant, but unless you want your stay to get transferred over to big boy prison (or just get roughed up), you aren't fighting it, because the orderlies will strip you by force.
>Custodial staff are invisible, if they exist.
The bathroom area in my cell - I mean, "suite" - was carpeted with what I'll optimistically call moss. It had been neglected for months. I went as long as I could without actually eating anything to avoid ever having to touch it and would only piss during the hour of common space use we got to avoid ever using that toilet. It wasn't cleaned the entire time I was there.
>Making friends is discouraged.
You don't have a right to privacy, so anything you try to save by writing down/documentation is destroyed if it's a way to contact your fellow residents "on the outside". Before you leave they go through your things and will destroy contact info, so just try to remember if it there's anyone you befriend while you're there.
>Nighttime is weird.
I've always been a night owl, so I was usually awake at night when people were having episodes, but I'm at limit.

Usually nights aren't "exciting", like there's no wolfaboo having a lycanthropy moment and blitzing a night watchman or anything, but the criers and screamers will be active at night and usually the people patrolling the halls would try shutting them up. The most "out there" it got at night was one time this beanpole woman came out of her room buck naked (there are no doors to the rooms for ease of observation) and tried to make a break for the exit. Just sprinting. She got tackled by one of the night guards, though, and none of the folks on our floor saw her until like two days after.
>Nothing bad ever happens there
That is, nothing they could be held liable for happens there. Since they have medical staff in house, stuff like reporting rapes/assaults usually just didn't happen "we investigated ourselves and found no problems" sort of stuff. Still, they were really strict about keeping the men and women separate outside of directly supervised times because anyone getting knocked up would make things too much of a headache, but they didn't care nearly as much about same-sex abuses.

So if you got abused in a (I presume) modern asylum, how bad must it been in historical time period that ATLA takes place in (the rough equivalent of the 19th century) in your opinion. Also, what reforms do you think insistutional actors should make in order to make sure people like never suffer in a place meant to, on the surface, help people?

>Still, they were really strict about keeping the men and women separate
So you can't fuck in a mental hospital. Damn, I don't why but I thought it wouldn't be that extreme.

Azula is royalty, she'd get special treatment.
I mean, just look at the panel posted by OP, she got two hot maidservants driving her around.

>So you can't fuck in a mental hospital.
Just get over your bigoted anti-lgbtqp attitudes and you absolutely can

>Azula is royalty, she'd get special treatment.
>I mean, just look at the panel posted by OP, she got two hot maidservants driving her around.
Azula is not special, in the panels leading up the Azula reveal, there is another inmate being wheeled around by an asylum worker since they are also straightjacketed to the point that they need to be wheelchaired around to get around.

>an asylum
Aha, so she get double the number of servants than the other inmates.

>What was her year in the asylum like?
Constant abuse.
>Probably some molestation.
Yeah, there is no way someone as attractive as Azula who was essentially abandoned to the asylum after alienating everyone who might have cared for her didn't get touched imo.
>Azula is royalty, she'd get special treatment.
>I mean, just look at the panel posted by OP, she got two hot maidservants driving her around.
>Aha, so she get double the number of servants than the other inmates.
No

Attached: Fire Nation Asylum.jpg (500x139, 18.43K)

Attached: Azula straight jacket.jpg (3620x3246, 3.04M)

12 months of forced orgasms to remedy her hysteria.

Attached: 1645662579436.gif (234x170, 596.54K)

The only thing I don't like about this is that she's still got shoes on.

agreed

I assume it's an asylum for firebenders so the straight jackets seem justified

On the Avatar planet, the sybian was invented by Zuko out of concern for his sister's mental health.
Along with the finest Fire nation engineers and doctors, they developed a daily regimen that would "reset" Azula.

08 am: Breakfast
09 am: 1st Sybian Session
11 am: Lunch
12 pm: 2nd Sybian Session
03 pm: Light Exercise
04 pm: Snack/Free Time/Nap
05 pm: Counseling
06 pm: 3rd Sybian Session
09 pm: Shower
10 pm: Free time
12 am: Sleep